Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sign him up on a pre contract before the end of the season.. he could play a reserve side so we can get a point to stay up.

This scenario was running through my mind as well! Could be mind games from Randy to make him throw the last game if he thinks he's on his way to us!

If a manager wouldn't come to us because he wasn't confident he could sort our mess out, then we shouldn't want him.

FWIW I think Lambert would be confident in his own ability, and I think his ambition and our wage packet could convince him to come.

I think he would be mad to take the job personally.

Gash and horrible season aside, if we stay up the Villa job is still a huge step up from the job at Norwich.

Not saying there is any truth in it, but if we stay a Premier League club, we would be able to offer Lambert far more than Norwich can, both personally and budget wise.

I think he would be mad to take the job personally.

Gash and horrible season aside, if we stay up the Villa job is still a huge step up from the job at Norwich.

Not saying there is any truth in it, but if we stay a Premier League club, we would be able to offer Lambert far more than Norwich can, both personally and budget wise.

I think you might have seen a 'not' in my post that wasn't there :D

Besides, why would he come if he relegates us on the last day? Would we want him? :)

The same reason he went to Norwich from Colchester after they had beaten the Canaries 7-1 - he would be going to a bigger club!

Besides, why would he come if he relegates us on the last day? Would we want him? :)

The same reason he went to Norwich from Colchester after they had beaten the Canaries 7-1 - he would be going to a bigger club!

True but he would be going down a league.....

Anyways there is only ONE man for Aston Villa.

El Diego.

Sure it would be a disaster results wise and financially BUT at least we would play absurdly attacking football and Maradona would be incredibly entertaining.

never forget

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/15/diego-maradona-aston-villa

my absolute first choice to replace mcleish. go get him paul and randy.

alot of the damage could be reversed if he is appointed

like some have siad we are a bigger club with better players just in a false position