Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

And we know he had that type of contol at villa because?
He didn't’ it is an urban myth. He had total control over the playing matters, not the finances or tructure of payments the club made

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Staying in the Premiership this season is hardly an achievement it's been so dire. All 3 promoted teams look like they will stay up! 13th? Meh!

That said I'm a little uneducated regarding Lambert I've not seen many Norwich matches at all so I'm not writing him off. I am sick of bloody Scottish managers though - why so many of them? We all know Fergie is the only proven decent one.

Pep or Rafa for me but would consider Lambert if we can't get the aforementioned 2.

Pep guardiola? as in the guardiola that just left the arguably one of the best teams in the history of of football? No chance of us getting Him or Rafa.. Lambert is a more realistic target, and I would be more than happy to stay in the prem this season.

Staying in the Premiership this season is hardly an achievement it's been so dire. All 3 promoted teams look like they will stay up! 13th? Meh!

That said I'm a little uneducated regarding Lambert I've not seen many Norwich matches at all so I'm not writing him off. I am sick of bloody Scottish managers though - why so many of them? We all know Fergie is the only proven decent one.

Pep or Rafa for me but would consider Lambert if we can't get the aforementioned 2.

Honestly, Norwich fans will be wetting themselves with laughter if they look on this thread and see someone suggesting we have a crack at bringing in Guardiola or Benitez.

Moyes?!?

If we get relegated and Lambert becomes manager then I'd be as happy as I could be having been relegated because I'd be confident we'd be straight back up next season

Lambert would be a good choice but I'd prefer it if we went for Rodgers

Not for me.

Not that Rodgers isn't a good manager, he clearly is. But, as I said when talking about Martinez, the foundations for the way Swansea play have been there for years, since Martinez' spell in charge.

Assuming Rodgers would want to give us that sort of style, I don't think we have the breathing room to enable us to do that.

Similarly, I don't think our fanbase has the patience to give him the time he would need to implement that sort of system.

It's not something that could happen overnight.

Lambert, on the other hand, is the kind of manager who could have an immediate impact and get the best out of what we have right now. And that's what we need, imo.

I think Pep would commit suicide within 3 days if he had to work with the likes of Alan Hutton and James Collins.

Anyway I kinda agree with what Stevo is saying, I don't know huge deals about Lambert apart from doing a terrific job, do you not think Martinez is a good middle man in between Lambert who does seem to play a more direct game but gets great results and Rodgers who tries to play football at all costs. Martinez likes to play good football but you rarely see them over playing, never on levels like a Swansea but he'd set up the foundations so that sort of style can be introduced in the future if we wanted to head down that route.

I think Lambert would get better results but I'd be interested to see what Martinez can do. I'd be happy with either.

I don't know about Martinez. As I've said before, 30 seconds last season and he'd be in the championship now and we wouldn't even be talking about him.

And, again, I think he'd need time, which I think we can't and won't give him.

I don't know about Martinez. As I've said before, 30 seconds last season and he'd be in the championship now and we wouldn't even be talking about him.

And, again, I think he'd need time, which I don't think we can't and won't give him.

Could argue that it just shows he has that touch. Wigan needed to win, they did. Blues needed to win, they didn't. Villa need to win, we aren't, Wigan need to, they do.

Obviously I'd hope far more than what he's doing at Wigan but I think he could achieve that. As said, happy either way. I can't imagine he could do a worse job.

Paul Lambert fits the glove.

Hes got potential I will agree. But he is also a very abrasive single minded no nonsense guy. I just couldn't see faulkner warming to him, and will be overlooked just as Mark Hughes was.

It all depends who makes the decision - if its Faulkner - I can't see him going for lambert - if its Randy maybe. But from what I can gather faulkner has a major influence on the choice of manager :cry:

And, again, I think he'd need time, which I think we can't and won't give him.

Wigan got 42 points last season, if they had drawn instead of won, they would of still stayed up.