Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Let's just look at the last two months for Lambert, I'm seeing little to get excited about here

Blackburn 2-0 Norwich

Norwich 1-6 Man City

Tottenham 1-2 Norwich

Norwich 2-2 Everton

Fulham 2-1 Norwich

Norwich 2-1 Wolves

Newcastle 1-0 Norwich

Norwich 1-1 Wigan

Stoke 1-0 Norwich

It's the results over a season that matter, not just a small selected period. Norwich have 0 'Premier League' players, yet they are comfortably in mid-table, with any other manager I'm certain they would have been relegated.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 His nationality (sorry to all the poeple of Scotland), I would not trust a letter from an Nigerian Doctor who just inherited money and a would not trust a Scottish manager.
f.gif

Wasn't meant to be...

Sorry, it's just that the standard of Scottish football is not what it used to be.

To bad that's the only point people seems to get from my post.

I'd better fall into line then. Scotland is and will always be the pinacle of football and Lambert is our saviour and shining beacon of hope and prosperity.

#1 His nationality (sorry to all the poeple of Scotland), I would not trust a letter from an Nigerian Doctor who just inherited money and a would not trust a Scottish manager.
f.gif

Wasn't meant to be...

Sorry, it's just that the standard of Scottish football is not what it used to be.

To bad that's the only point people seems to get from my post.

I'd better fall into line then. Scotland is and will always be the pinacle of football and Lambert is our saviour and shining beacon of hope and prosperity.

Frankly, my dear...

you talk crap (said with as much respect as needed for this post not to be deleted)

Chill out pal. The point being made was that there are good Scottish managers. I think their accent scares players into playing well (McLeish being the obvious exception)

Let's just look at the last two months for Lambert, I'm seeing little to get excited about here

Blackburn 2-0 Norwich

Norwich 1-6 Man City

Tottenham 1-2 Norwich

Norwich 2-2 Everton

Fulham 2-1 Norwich

Norwich 2-1 Wolves

Newcastle 1-0 Norwich

Norwich 1-1 Wigan

Stoke 1-0 Norwich

Still better than us...

I don't know why you always use small selections of results or even individual games against these managers. I don't know what it is but you seem to have something against the managers of the "lesser" clubs. Just because they come from smaller clubs doesn't mean they couldn't do a good job at Villa.

Blackburn 2-0 Norwich Bburn 1-1 Villa

Norwich 1-6 Man City Villa 0-1 Man City

Tottenham 1-2 Norwich Tottenham 2-0 Villa

Norwich 2-2 Everton Villa 1-1 Everton

Fulham 2-1 Norwich Fulham 0-0 Villa

Norwich 2-1 Wolves Villa 0-0 Wolves

Newcastle 1-0 Norwich Newcastle 2-1 Villa

Norwich 1-1 Wigan Villa 2-0 Wigan

Stoke 1-0 Norwich Stoke 0-0 Villa

So in what has been Lambert's worst two months in the PL as his side has tired, we have got exactly the amount of points in the corresponding fixtures.

We should just avoid Scottish managers

They dont do well in Aston

I'll just refine your statement:

We should just avoid Scottish managers called Alex McLeish. They don't do well in Aston.

There, that's better.

I just picked the last two months games

No agenda, Norwich will go down next year put money on it

Lambert is this years Coyle. I recall 12 months ago Coyle was the best thing since sliced bread on VT

Chill out pal. The point being made was that there are good Scottish managers. I think their accent scares players into playing well (McLeish being the obvious exception)

Fair enough, and Moyes is an excelent example of this.

I should have known that my choise of words would offend some people but is was meant lightheartedly.

But after being burnt by MON coming from Scottish football (Celtic), and McLeish i'd like us to try something new

Lambert is this years Coyle. I recall 12 months ago Coyle was the best thing since sliced bread on VT

Lambert is better than that, not a flash in the pan. Wycombe - League Cup semi (drew 1st leg 0-0 with Mourinho's Chelsea), Norwich - taken a mid table League 1 to mid table Premier in 2 years...he is proven!

Did Coyle do back to back promotions from league 1 and championship by winning one league and going up automatically in the other as well as do extremely well with the team he got promoted with (which wasn't given a chance in hell)? No he didn't. And tbf, Coyle ain't a bad manager.

Joined Norwich after beating them 7-1 with Colchester. He then won that league with Norwich.

Can't anyone see who lambert really is..

celtic roots check, glasses check, polo shirt underneath sweatshirt check. Steely eyes check, yep, lambert is villa O'Neill mark 2.

EDIT: and just realised this was my 500th post im in the reserve team yay :D

and thats a bad thing? (results wise!)

I take it you only follow the Premier League then?

Can't anyone see who lambert really is..

celtic roots check, glasses check, polo shirt underneath sweatshirt check. Steely eyes check, yep, lambert is villa O'Neill mark 2.

EDIT: and just realised this was my 500th post im in the reserve team yay :D

I hope he's better than that. For the record, I think he is.