Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambert > Rodgers IMO. Rodgers took over a club with the foundations laid down to be successful whereas Lambert took over a club in turmoil. I believe he's the perfect man for the job.

If anything, Rodgers is more of a flash in the pan. Did poor jobs at Watford and Reading, Lambert hasn't failed in any of his jobs.

Chill out pal. The point being made was that there are good Scottish managers. I think their accent scares players into playing well (McLeish being the obvious exception)

Fair enough, and Moyes is an exelent example of this.

I should have known that my choise of words would offend some people but is was meant lightheartedly.

But after being burnt by MON coming from Scottish football (Celtic), and McLeish i'd like us to try something new

Martinez?

I think we should just send a letter to Pep!

in a heartbeat.

at this point I'm not picky. I'd take Lambert anytime, If he comes, it'll have to be an improvement over the current situation surely? Martinez, Lambert, the Swansea fellow, geez, almost anyone really ;-)

Very similar managers, would take either of them tbh.. personally I feel lambert would be a perfect fit. I think rodgers is going to go to Spurs anyway..I would be more than happy with lambert, he has got that MON winning mentality that our players have had drained out of them by previous mangers.

He's also played under one of the most successful managers of the modern era. His management career to date suggests he might have picked up a trick or two.

Who is that ?

Otto Hitzfeld.

Wildwood, its a no-win situation this is what MON and his staff were on, 5 days before the season, MON and his whole staff left leaving us pretty much ****!

It's a fair point, and I think if we had a proficient CEO (or equal) - it wouldn't be an issue.

After two awful seasons I just want a manager I can get behind. Someone who you think can do something in the future with us.

Lambert would be a great shout, as would Rodgers and i think i could get behind martinez or poyet.

The problem is does Lerner care? Part of me thinks he is cutting costs until he can find a buyer. If that's the case then he won't give a shit what the fans think and no decent manager will come to work under those conditions. He'll give Mcleish a small amount of money and hope to stay up again next season.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope Lerner still has ambition and I hope he goes out and gets a decent manager.

The last Celtic man we had in charge did a good job, all things considered. We just needed to rein him in a lot more than we did.

The current troglodyte in charge is a Rangers man, and it has been a disaster. And they're in administration, the bastards.

Clearly therefore our next manager must be Paul Lambert :)

Lambert would be a good choice in my opinion. He clearly has the ability to get the best out of his players which is what we need at the minute. In fact it was what we needed back in August 2010.