Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Norwich are punching well above their weight, whereby we have been punching well below our weight. Good manager no doubt, and was himself a great defender, but I really don`t see him taking us very far, especialy with our lack of patience.

why would lambert leave norwich (top half) for villa (nearly relegated)?

Norwich are not "top half" they are 2 places above us, and that's as probably as far as you can take them.

I'm a big admirer of Lamberts' career so far, but I think that his style of football has reached as high as he can take it. Direct counter attacking football played with passion has been really successful for him in his rise from lower divisions.

If he is still with Norwich next season he will struggle to replicate this seasons results imo.

The Premiership has evolved to a level where the technical quality of a team is essential to their continued survival. Lambert like his mentor MON is not a technical coach, he relies on passion and organisation which has brought him a long way but will not take him any further imo.

Roberto Martinez may not have the same recent CV as Paul Lambert, but he has proved to be a good technical coach who has kept an unfashionable team in a league that is way above their resources. I would love to see what he could do with our Villa squad plus a few astute signings.

I'm a big admirer of Lamberts' career so far, but I think that his style of football has reached as high as he can take it. Direct counter attacking football played with passion has been really successful for him in his rise from lower divisions.

If he is still with Norwich next season he will struggle to replicate this seasons results imo.

The Premiership has evolved to a level where the technical quality of a team is essential to their continued survival. Lambert like his mentor MON is not a technical coach, he relies on passion and organisation which has brought him a long way but will not take him any further imo.

Roberto Martinez may not have the same recent CV as Paul Lambert, but he has proved to be a good technical coach who has kept an unfashionable team in a league that is way above their resources. I would love to see what he could do with our Villa squad plus a few astute signings.

I agree with this. I'd still take Lambert though.

I agree with this. I'd still take Lambert though.

I agree with all of it but would not take Lambert or Martinez. Lambert is very limited and is basically MON all over again in terms of his football. Martinez does play nice stuff but I dont think he is strong enough to deal with our bunch of overpaid troublemakers.

I would rather martinez,rodgers or di matteo. But i would be happy with lambert.

They are all realistic targets, Probably take Rodgers out of all of those.

Being unrealistic I would love someone like van Gaal, he is a real hard liner and it would be interesting to see how certain players would cope with someone like him at the helm. I would imagine peole like Collins and Dunne wouldn't last 5 mins :lol:

I agree with you on Lambert, he certainly wouldn't be my choice. I don't though want Martinez either but then I'm not giving any real thought to who I would want as I don't think the job is going to be available this summer.

Di Matteo ?? People have short memories
Is there anyone besides Capello, Scolari or Van Gaal that you'd be happy with? All you ever do is rubbish people's suggestions without actually suggesting any realistic alternatives yourself.