Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

So, not a flavour of the month at all then. In fact, searching as far back at VT's function will allow, the first mention of Lambert as an option cropped up in August 2010, about a month before Houllier arrived. And since then, he's stock has only been on the up.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flavour of the month, yes, he is the very definition of the term

Yeah, my month happens to be March 2011 if you check. Short memories.

As BOF and Gareth and others have said, some of us have wanted Lambert for a long time, years in fact.

He was one of my preferred choices when MON left, he was my number 1 choice when Houllier left and he's still my number one choice.

Flavour of the 24 months then for me.

Sit back and chew on the results

Sit back and chew on the month. Some of us have been saying Lambert for well over a year.

I remember Lambert being mentioned quite a few times after Houllier. Many were tipping him (as they still are, almost a year later) to go on to become a top manager, and we should be his next stepping stone. Now that he's got a year of that legendary PL experience under his belt, I think the time is absolutely right for him to step up.

I have some Paul Lambert flavoured ice-cream in my freezer. The expiration date simply says "NEVER".

Dare I ask what it tastes like? And don't just say Paul Lambert because I've never tasted Paul Lambert.

Incidentally, I like Lambert, I'd be concerned that he'd just become MON Mk II however, but his Norwich team play some good passing football so maybe that's a bit unfair.

Would he come to us though? I'm not so sure.

Me personally, I want Roy Hodgson.

I have some Paul Lambert flavoured ice-cream in my freezer. The expiration date simply says "NEVER".
Excellent. I think we can now put this one to bed. Also, I just checked, I have the same flavour in my freezer and it says Expiry: 2067. We use fewer preservatives here in Australia.

It tastes like salted shortbread.

Something tells me there are very dirty undertones to that answer that I never want to know.

Even if Lambert WAS MON mk2 (which I don't think he is, I think he could be better, but people compare him to MON because he wears glasses and is connected to Scotland or something), would that really be such a bad thing? For the short term if nothing else

Even if Lambert WAS MON mk2 (which I don't think he is, I think he could be better, but people compare him to MON because he wears glasses and is connected to Scotland or something), would that really be such a bad thing? For the short term if nothing else

Lambert plays direct counter attack football in the same way MON does. We need better than that, it is a limited style of football. Norwich have been found out the last few months and he appears to be another one of these managers with no plan B.

Lambert whilst being better than McLeish still would not excite me in the slightest and we should look abroad IMO. As I said earlier someone like Quique Flores would be better

Sit back and chew on the results

Sit back and chew on the month. Some of us have been saying Lambert for well over a year.

Some ? A tiny minority, maybe you did mention him after MON walked? I can't be arsed to check. After GED the figure is 3% and if we ran a poll now he would be higher, thus flavour of the month on the back of a good first PL season. I use the word good as they are only 6 points better off than our shambolic season and are probably the second worst side down the villa this season, definitely tactically the worst.

Two Norwich season ticket holders that I have spoken to today described him as exactly that, without any prompting.

I would like to think, given all the crap that we have had to put up with, we could have the next appointment as someone who could build something to take us forward in the long term. I don't think some kind of reincarnation of the O'Neill days would achieve that.

Remember that O'Neill had his engaging and disarming personality to win over the supporters during the dour times. I am not sure that Lambert could get away with it like he did.

I just don't see Lambert coming - he doesn't seem like the sort of 'poodle' that will work alongside faulkner.

Martinez seems far more likley. - but not really suited to what we need - I think we need an ass kicker - I fear martinez will hit the same sort of problems houllier did.