Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Norwich drawing with Arsenal gives Spurs an added incentive to hammer us tomorrow...

Ah well, they'll probably hammer us regardless.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair the game was good, I don't think he will leave Norwich but if he does and does come here I'll be happy.. probably doesn't have the same style like Martinez but he looks like a manager that can handle a few egos (we have plenty)

You might not like Lambert and fair enough but do you honestly want us to get Capello or Scolari?

Yes please, or Van Gaal.

Why though, First of all they wouldn't even consider coming here and secondly what makes you think they could do a job with lesser players, Scolari was awful at Chelsea.

Why wouldn't they come, we are a big club and are at a perfect time to be taken on as a project

I believe there will be funds available for the correct manger

& these calibre of guys can attract players to villa, players that would not normally come

Scholari was totally undermined by the chelsea players in a similar manner to the AVB debacle so don't read too much into that

Historically we are a big club, do you honestly believe that all these big name managers are wetting themselves because the Villa job might be available?

Scolari and AVB might have been undermined by the players but they went about the job the wrong way. They demanded the respect of the players instead of earning it like Di Matteo and look at the difference.

And yet earlier in another thread you alluded to that the players need to take the blame and not Mcleish. What makes you think our players wouldn't undermine Scolari? If we were to get a foreign manager then I'd hope we'd be going younger than Scolari and Capello.

Scolari, Van Gaal, Capello, AVB.

All of those are pie in the sky.

They just won't even consider coming here. The only way they would would be if we paid them a shit load and promised them a massive transfer budget, neither of which we can afford.

Why wouldn't they come, we are a big club and are at a perfect time to be taken on as a project

I believe there will be funds available for the correct manger

& these calibre of guys can attract players to villa, players that would not normally come

Scholari was totally undermined by the chelsea players in a similar manner to the AVB debacle so don't read too much into that

We are the ultimate mid table Premier League team, we have been throughout. Hard to see that changing, so why would we waste millions on wages for a 65 year old manager who can't communicate well in English or a 63 year manager with no real success at a European club? Scholari's greatest achievements have come as an international manager. These two would be an on pitch disaster and financial catastrophe. They don't have a lot to prove now, seriously doubt they'd be up for a long term job turning Villa back into a "big challenging team." This type of manager would also want the sort of money Randy doesn't have to give them.

Lambert for Villa!

Why are some people listing Champions League managers as potential targets? Getting rid of the fucktard McLeish is one thing but replacing him with someone at the other end of the managerial spectrum is just not going to happen.

We will be looking at the likes of Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers and Bruce. 3 of them I'd be happy with. The dinner lady can **** off.

Think I'm officially sold on Lambert. Tactically astute, knows how to mix up his approach to games as best suited for maximum points unlike Rodgers and Martinez who only play in one way (which is also commendable mind).

We should do everything we can to get Lambert, and I'd be amazed if we weren't doing so already. Martinez second choice for me.

Faulkner is probably tapping up Paul Jewell as we speak.

lambert is a must for next year, wba will be looking for a manager..do you think they will hire AM if we moved him on? not a chance as they know from the demise of aston villa this year he's not up to the job.