Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

How about a pair of V's ;-)

My view on Lambert remains unchanged

Discuss again in 12 months

Ah so when Lambert (or Martinez for that matter) does poorly in a game you say "look at what a bad manager he is" yet when they do well in another game you just shrug it off.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should do everything we can to get Lambert, and I'd be amazed if we weren't doing so already. Martinez second choice for me.

I will be absolutely amazed if we have done anything to secure lambert.

It wouldn't be that unreasonable to suggest Randy doesn't even know who he is. The way Randy operates would suggest he is a good way off formulating a list of candidates.

I am a bit surprised you think our absent chairman - is already pulling strings to secure our next manager thats out of character with everything he does

Agreed Smetrov. I don't doubt his heart but I just don't think Randy is that savvy. I can honestly see him trying to go for someone like Neil Lennon.

......or Gordon Strachan

and don't rule out Steve Bruce...........

I do wonder if he'll try and change the club a bit more than that by putting a director of football in place. It's an idea that I think many fans have been resistant to in the past, but I think people would welcome a change like that a lot more in our current position.

God knows who though. From the recent Graham Taylor stuff that came out, it doesn't sound like it would be him.

A director of football can go 2 ways :

1. Sign some really good young unknown talent

2. Liverpool.- Carroll for 35 mill. enough said.

Personally I would like to see one at Vila park. because randy or any other manager can't be trusted with signings.. e.g. MON.

Well rumours are Damien Comolli is at Villa Park today...

There were some really bad signings at Liverpool, but some good at spurs, and he was European Scout at Arsenal when they made some outstanding signings.

So bar plop, he was pretty good.

There were some really bad signings at Liverpool, but some good at spurs, and he was European Scout at Arsenal when they made some outstanding signings.

Arsene Wenger and Harry Redknapp will tell you otherwise

WM said he was there at Lerner's request. I hope this isn't an indication that McLeish is staying.

WM said he was there at Lerner's request. I hope this isn't an indication that McLeish is staying.

There was a story in the Daily Star (I know!) a few weeks ago about Randy wanting to hire a director of football AND a new manager. It would certainly fit in with that theory.

Arsene Wenger and Harry Redknapp will tell you otherwise

Im sure they would, but they don`t mind using the players he got in do they.

Modric and pires being the prime examples.

As for the carroll example, comolli wouldn`t have that sort of budget here so its irrelevant. He would be told to get the best talent for resonable prices.