Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would he go for Lennon though? He doesn't even have PL experience.

This.

How much experience managing in the PL did Paul Lambert have before this season? Or Brendan Rodgers before this season? Or Roberto Martinez before Wigan hired him?

I wouldn't hire Lennon, but it wouldn't be because he lacks PL experience -- which is a vastly overrated criterion. Focusing on it puts you on a fast track to hiring a retread like Curbs or Sven.

Why would he go for Lennon though? He doesn't even have PL experience.

This.

How much experience managing in the PL did Paul Lambert have before this season? Or Brendan Rodgers before this season? Or Roberto Martinez before Wigan hired him?

I wouldn't hire Lennon, but it wouldn't be because he lacks PL experience -- which is a vastly overrated criterion. Focusing on it puts you on a fast track to hiring a retread like Curbs or Sven.

I was referring to the fact that Randy seems to place Premier League experience as a high priority. To me personally Premier League experience isn't necessarily that important.

big mover from the bookies - Neil Lennon from nowhere to 10-1 - Gulp
oh dear

It's such a small betting market that anyone placing a speculative £50 bet could shorten the odds on a future manager. If it's spotted, a few sheep can bring the odds down further.

I hope us VTers don't panic over every link to numerous prospective managers. It didn't help us last time and it won't this.

Currently, I'm more concerned about whether there will be a vacancy at all. After witnessing AMc's body language at the boggies, it's probable but far from certain.

oh dear

It's such a small betting market that anyone placing a speculative £50 bet could shorten the odds on a future manager. If it's spotted, a few sheep can bring the odds down further.

I hope us VTers don't panic over every link to numerous prospective managers. It didn't help us last time and it won't this.

Currently, I'm more concerned about whether there will be a vacancy at all. After witnessing AMc's body language at the boggies, it's probable but far from certain.

Thats true.

But remember us all laughing at bookies having Mcleish as one of the favourites - lay betting on Mcleish - was like printing money..........

Except they were right !

oh dear

Thats true.

But remember us all laughing at bookies having Mcleish as one of the favourites - lay betting on Mcleish - was like printing money..........

Except they were right !

Oh, I'm not saying it won't be manager X or manager Y, just that there's a long way to go yet and changing a manager from 50-1 to 10-1 in such a small market is easily done with or without inside knowledge.

I'll be more concerned when there is a vacancy AND manager Z goes to evens.

Before McLeish was appointed there were about 5 or 6 different favourites for the Villa job. Hughes, Ancelotti, Benitez, Martinez and McClaren were all odds on favourites at one point.

You could have a poll between McLeish and Iain Dowie and I bet McLeish would get a high %. Does that mean fans actually want him?

Or between Steve McClaren and Big Eck jacketspuds? I wonder which of them would we have gone for had we known it was going to end up as a straight choice between those two?

Before McLeish was appointed there were about 5 or 6 different favourites for the Villa job. Hughes, Ancelotti, Benitez..

Those were in the heady days before we realised that our bright future had been replaced by a prudent one and that managers like those would not work for us under those constraints Mantis. :cry:

Before McLeish was appointed there were about 5 or 6 different favourites for the Villa job. Hughes, Ancelotti, Benitez..

Those were in the heady days before we realised that our bright future had been replaced by a prudent one and that managers like those would not work for us under those constraints Mantis. :cry:

Yes the list of 'guesses' may be a lower standard this time but I think the point is that there is likely to be a few bookies favourites or managers with shortening odds before we get just the one appointment. There seems little point in panicing about a certain manager whose odds have shortened at this stage.

Interesting.

Would make our dance with Rangers/Celtic go an extra round.

Dont think he is good enough though imho. I think he would be an angry McLeish.

On the plus side he would happily tell Fergie or whoever to go **** themselves if they thought they could talk down to Villa.

If Neil Lennon became Villa manager i would be done with the club.

the guy is a tosser of highest order, lost the Scottish league last year after spending a lot of money.

I see Lambo's Norwich are attack attack attack right now at an "elite club." 2-1 up and have had 2 great peno shouts not given. Hope he's at Villa next season! Would love to see us play with this kind of mentality.