Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

9 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

There's a really simple rule that could be implemented that would allow a level playing field and also reduce risk against the clubs. Stop letting owners leverage debts against the clubs. If an owner or owners want to have a crack at challenging the Sky 6 and Europe, then let them spend their own money when the club reaches the limits of what they can realistically spend. The financial risk is purely against the owner and not the club then. If the owner decides they can't afford it any more, they're going to sell as quickly as possible instead of floating around for years like Lerner or Ashley whilst the club remains risk free. By the same token, they could then be allowed higher bonuses should a club achieve success, so long as the club retains a significant percentage to cover running costs.

Won't happen though, as the big teams would never allow it.

Wouldn't matter who owned the club. Any team could grow quickly to challenge. We'd see more teams fighting over the trophies instead of the usual cartel.

How would it work in principle though? Say NSFE decide to go all out and we signed Mbappe for £250m, they pay the transfer fee fine, what about his 5 year contract on £1m a week? Do they have to put £260m into a account somewhere to cover his wages and they don't get it back if they sold? How would they quantify how much they owe for the wages and how much the club owe (via what they generate)? That's just one contract amid a whole host of other expenses. 

• 2 weeks later...

Quickest players to score 3 hat-tricks in the Premier League:

Erling Haaland 8️⃣ games 
Michael Owen 4️⃣8️⃣ games 
Ruud Van Nistelrooy 5️⃣9️⃣ games
Fernando Torres 6️⃣4️⃣ games
Andy Cole 6️⃣5️⃣ games

In between the hat tricks he hit a few braces too. Insane.

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Quickest players to score 3 hat-tricks in the Premier League:

Erling Haaland 8️⃣ games 
Michael Owen 4️⃣8️⃣ games 
Ruud Van Nistelrooy 5️⃣9️⃣ games
Fernando Torres 6️⃣4️⃣ games
Andy Cole 6️⃣5️⃣ games

In between the hat tricks he hit a few braces too. Insane.

I swear to God this has to be a glitch in the Matrix. We must live in a simulation and someone is trying to tell us. Haaland can't be real. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's going to be the best player the league has ever seen and there won't be another player even in the conversation. 

Best goal scorer at least. De Bruyne is among the best I’ve seen as an all round player.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, a m ole said:

Best goal scorer at least. De Bruyne is among the best I’ve seen as an all round player.

Agree but de Bruyne has the problem that for all his quality he's just not exciting is he? He's just not got that superstar thing whatever it is, that razzmatazz

No one has de Bruyne posters on their wall, he's like a football connoisseurs footballer of choice

Maybe I'm just being harsh because he's a man City player and **** man City, I felt the same about toure, silva and aguero, do nothing for me

KdB is probably the best "pure" footballer since Zidane I'd say (don't say it lightly either).  He's a 7 or 8/10 for everything.  His technique is fantastic, his decision making is amazing, his vision is second to none, his timing is really good.  It's like he can see the pitch like someone playing FIFA does.  The one thing he has to do, to get involved in that conversation, is bring City a CL home, and I hope it doesn't happen.  

As for Haaland?  We'll soon run out of fingers for teams he hasn't scored hattricks against when he comes to the end of his contract. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Genie said:

KdB has never won PL player of the month. 

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

That in itself is insane

It's a bit of a farce award though. Did you see the nominations last month? 

Hoijberg, Iwobi, Rashford, Ramsey, Billing and, to be fair, KDB.

Haaland didn't get nominated :D 

Plus it's a vote now so obviously Rashford won because Man Utd

• Haha 1

KDB the best player City have ever had. Haaland is just like watching men against boys. Hes got everything any striker could ever want. You cant even ask someone like Watkins to try and emulate his finishing because hes such a one off

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

KDB is up with the likes of Henry and Scholes  in the greatest players ever in the premier league.  In term of an allrounder him and Gerrard are neck and neck i would say. Ansolute genius 

He is, but I’d argue David Silva was even better. City wouldn’t be where they are now without Silva’s influence 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He is, but I’d argue David Silva was even better. City wouldn’t be where they are now without Silva’s influence 

Silva was a more important player for them. But KDB is clearly the better player

Â