Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

55 minutes ago, PaulC said:

In every game they have played  they have been the better side but whats hurting them more than anything is the lack of a Striker.  They don't ever need to sign the best one. A Danny Ings would score 25 Premier League goals for them a season. 

In which case, so would Gabriel Jesus.

As I said before, they don’t need a striker. They’ve scored 5+ goals in 4 out of 11 games this season. However, they would absolutely go for a world class centre forward if available. 

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think Grealish's transfer makes a difference to be honest.

I don't think that was the reason City didn't sign a striker.

You’re probably right, I just don’t understand why they didn’t have a plan B after Kane. With £150m they can get pretty much anyone. They must have concluded a striker wasn’t a priority.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

In which case, so would Gabriel Jesus.

As I said before, they don’t need a striker. They’ve scored 5+ goals in 4 out of 11 games this season. However, they would absolutely go for a world class centre forward if available. 

You would think so but he didn't play against PSG and played wide right against Liverpool which i didn't understand. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Signed another sponsorship deal which will no doubt allow them to break more transfer records and stay within FFP.

They don't even seem to be bothered about making them seem realistic anymore

Yet they give no comment about Mendy. Can imagine Mendy disappearing soon as suits the agenda

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, av1 said:

If only they had a bigger squad BBC 😀

Also posted in the match thread. 

Pep forgot to mention that the 14/15 players he does have fit are probably worth about half a billion 😀

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

36 players out on loan apparently...

Safe to say **** em

So maybe 34, or 35 of these kids won't make the first team, and no lower league team will touch them because of the ridiculous wages they are on.

These kids' careers are as long as the contracts they sign.

• Like 1

Just now, AJ said:

So maybe 34, or 35 of these kids won't make the first team, and no lower league team will touch them because of the ridiculous wages they are on.

These kids' careers are as long as the contracts they sign.

Patrick Roberts 

24 years old, was the star of Fulhama youth team and playing for them at 18, been at city for 6 years and played 1 game for them, 6 loans, he's currently in troyes reserves 

Bet he's earned a few million though 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Patrick Roberts 

24 years old, was the star of Fulhama youth team and playing for them at 18, been at city for 6 years and played 1 game for them, 6 loans, he's currently in troyes reserves 

This is one of the many reasons why I hate this club so much, and how they are wrecking football.

1 minute ago, AJ said:

This is one of the many reasons why I hate this club so much, and how they are wrecking football.

Another one for the games gone thread I'm sure they're flipping young players too, got several young South Americans on the books out on loan who they can't and probably won't get work permits for but they'll make a tidy profit on 

FIFA need to speed this loan overhaul up

• Like 4

On 30/11/2021 at 20:04, villa4europe said:

Patrick Roberts 

That kid was an absolute player.

Few pointless loans in Scotland can't have taught him much either.

Waste.

• Like 1

Â