Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

I just think they are incredibly boring to watch, they have great players but the manager is so defensive they are not allowed take risks

As for Bernardo they embarrassing tried offload him all summer for Mr Aston Villa and is clearly the 2nd best player they have after KDB

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I just think they are incredibly boring to watch, they have great players but the manager is so defensive they are not allowed take risks

As for Bernardo they embarrassing tried offload him all summer for Mr Aston Villa and is clearly the 2nd best player they have after KDB

I said in the match thread that they’ve become so well drilled and intense in their press and playing out of the back that it’s boring to watch because it’s very hard to counter. Not to mention Pep playing two holding midfielders to kick lumps last night. 

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

With Liverpool expanding Anfield this season, Citeh will soon be just the 3rd largest stadium in the North West. Sure they have massive global support but the actual match day crowd hasn't really grown that much in the last 5-10 years even with all the dosh.

It will take decades for them to build up the match day revenue that Liverpool and Man United generate.  Man City have the pre oil money fanbase, but many of the newer fans are kids and newer people living in the country who choose an English team (they have a growing Polish fanbase for example). 

The majority of Man U and Liverpools match-day revenue comes from 35-45 year old 'die hard' fans living in the Cotwolds. They started off glory hunting in school (im 34 and half my school were glory hunting Man U fans) Now they've grown up, they go to 2 matches a year, buy merchandise, food, put a bet on and of course take the photo in front of the ground holding a scarf in the air. Those 10-20,000 additional fans are where the serious revenue comes from. 

If Man City keep on going well, those youngsters who glory hunt now will go onto be those same "die hard Man City fans" living in the Cotswolds.

Edited by pas5898
typos

5 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

It will take decades for them to build up the match day revenue that Liverpool and Man United generate.  Man City have the pre oil money fanbase, but many of the newer fans are kids and newer people living in the country who choose an English team (they have a growing Polish fanbase for example). 

The majority of Man U and Liverpools match-day revenue comes from 45 year old 'die hard' fans living in the Cotwolds. They started off glory hunting in school (im 34 and half my school were glory hunting Man U fans) Now they've grown up, they go to 2 matches a year, buy merchandise, food and put a bet on and of course take the photo in front of the ground holding a scarf in the air. Those 20,000 additional are where the serious revenue comes from. 

If Man City keep on going well, those youngster swho glory hunt now will go onto be those same "die hard fans" living in the Cotswolds.

I would slightly disagree on that. 

Most glory hunting Man U  or Liverpool plastics I have met usually never have been to a game and say 'oh its so tough to get a ticket' even though probably with some forward planning you could probably get at least a league cup match. I still think United have more local support than City as well.

dont arsenal have the biggest match day revenue in the world? due to the obscene ticket prices and the corporate, id guess CoM must be close to having better corporate than utd and liverpool

i agree with the notion that city have joined the party too late though, as an 8 year old why be a city fan when you can be a PSG fan? id guess thats a more stomach-able option for dads too, as long as my kid supported villa i could accept the glory hunting little word removed wanting a messi shirt as well, you'd do well to convince me thats not why they bought grealish and wanted kane, they are actively trying to grow their national fanbase]

but to be fair to city with the daytrippers from what ive seen at least they are trying with the fan park and the statues and all that nonsense and with the CL attendances being so poor at times i take they dont do what the others do and force league season ticket holders to take out cup packages on top

7 hours ago, pas5898 said:

The majority of Man U and Liverpools match-day revenue comes from 35-45 year old 'die hard' fans living in the Cotwolds. They started off glory hunting in school (im 34 and half my school were glory hunting Man U fans) Now they've grown up, they go to 2 matches a year, buy merchandise, food, put a bet on and of course take the photo in front of the ground holding a scarf in the air. Those 10-20,000 additional fans are where the serious revenue comes from. 

If Man City keep on going well, those youngsters who glory hunt now will go onto be those same "die hard Man City fans" living in the Cotswolds.

I live in the Cotswolds and bizarrely, there is a lot of truth in this post! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Most glory hunting Man U  or Liverpool plastics I have met usually never have been to a game and say 'oh its so tough to get a ticket' even though probably with some forward planning you could probably get at least a league cup match. I still think United have more local support than City as well.

Honestly I don't understand them but I know two born and bred brummies who live here who are season ticket holders. Its just a bad excuse

On 04/12/2021 at 01:20, The Fun Factory said:

It is a piss poor excuse.

I live on the other side of the planet, and I managed to get a ticket.

Â