Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

To be fair I'd probably have him as 4th 

Fergie, Wenger, Jose, Pep

And apart from Wenger the others spent a ton of cash disproportionately to the rest of the league too

Fergie easily the best but Wenger is my favourite 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And apart from Wenger the others spent a ton of cash disproportionately to the rest of the league too

Is even be tempted to have Moyes as part of the best 5/6.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Could Mbappe to City be a thing? City Need a striker, Mbappe needs someone very rich to employ him from the summer. 

He wants to go to Real Madrid its his team and they have been saving money for him

7 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Cancelo posted on his social media that he was attacked and robbed at home. Hope he gets justice on those 4 cowards

Scumbags and luckily he doesn't look to be too badly injured but hopefully somebody finds these sewer rats

• Like 1

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I reckon Ancelotti and Capello were both better than Pep…

• Haha 3

I think it's a case of preference. 

Pep plays much better football than Fergie and I prefer him as a manager. 

When pep retire I am pretty sure he will have a bigger trophy cabinet than Fergie, and will have a very good case for being the best manager ever. 

23 hours ago, AJ said:

Tim Sherwood saying that Pep is the best manager in PL history. Kind of like having sex in an elevator. 

Wrong on so many levels. 

He's certainly in the conversation.

I agree with @villa4europe that Fergie, Wenger and Jose are probably the top 3. But after that I don't see why Pep isn't right on their heels.

If he stays for a few more seasons then he could overtake them

(that won't wash with the VT view that he's rubbish and just a cheque book manager, but it's true)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

(that won't wash with the VT view that he's rubbish and just a cheque book manager, but it's true)

Pep enjoys less financial advantage than fergie did

How's that for a discussion point 

There were definitely a fair few titles man utd bought 

What made fergie the best though was he overcame so many pretenders, adapted in so many different ways, Pep has seen off a really good klopp Liverpool but tuchels very expensive Chelsea team hasn't amounted to much 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What made fergie the best though was he overcame so many pretenders, adapted in so many different ways, Pep has seen off a really good klopp Liverpool but tuchels very expensive Chelsea team hasn't amounted to much 

Fergie had financial backing that was (most of the time) significantly higher than other clubs (until the Oil Baron takeovers at Chelsea and then Citeh)… but he also built 3 or 4 different squads that all continued to win titles over the space of a 30-ish year career…

Fergie is the greatest football manager of all time, by light years 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

Fergie had financial backing that was (most of the time) significantly higher than other clubs (until the Oil Baron takeovers at Chelsea and then Citeh)… but he also built 3 or 4 different squads that all continued to win titles over the space of a 30-ish year career…

Fergie is the greatest football manager of all time, by light years 

Yeah that's what I mean, fergie definitley had a large financial advantage of the years but he had the ability to adapt, he lost to rich Blackburn then came back, he lost to arsenal and then came back, he lost to Chelsea and then came back, he even lost to city and then came back, he saw off a good Newcastle team, rafas Liverpool and of course us

No one else has had that, mainly due to longevity, when Jose's done he's done, when Jose came along Wengers arsenal dropped off 

It would be interesting if klopp and pep spent 20 years in the PL but they won't, I don't think there will ever be another fergie 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Yeah that's what I mean, fergie definitley had a large financial advantage of the years but he had the ability to adapt, he lost to rich Blackburn then came back, he lost to arsenal and then came back, he lost to Chelsea and then came back, he even lost to city and then came back, he saw off a good Newcastle team, rafas Liverpool and of course us

No one else has had that, mainly due to longevity, when Jose's done he's done, when Jose came along Wengers arsenal dropped off 

It would be interesting if klopp and pep spent 20 years in the PL but they won't, I don't think there will ever be another fergie 

Me neither bud.

There is no longevity or patience with managers anymore like there was in the 90s.

From what I remember, it took Ferguson a few years before he started to win silverware at United, and he was close to the chopping block as well…

With the sums of money being thrown around these days, the stays of execution have reduced massively

Theres got to be an element of world's your oyster too

If at the end of his contract with city pep joined PSG no doubt people would go nuts and throw out stuff about him not wanting to manage grimsby but at the same time you'd look at his life and his family and say he's an incredibly rich man who's been able to live in Barcelona, Munich, Cheshire (😉) and next somewhere like Paris or London or Milan, even when he did his sabbatical he went off to New York for 6 months, no doubt got anything he wants in the middle east 

He'll be living a life that didn't exist for managers 20 years ago

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not really true. 3 teams bought the title in Fergies reign yet he still beat them. 

I think Blackurn broke the transfer record for Shearer when they signed Cantona for a quarter of the price 

Â