Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

I know city have been poor but it is amazing what you can get sacked for these days, you should be happy wit second since you were nothing before the oil money anyway.

True..

But he has failed miserably in the champions league.

I just find it amazing that a year ago to the day they lift the premierleague title and the guy doesn't even get to finish the season. Like man city and their squad of 'only here for the money' mercenaries have this divine right to win the title ffs.

i think he has taken them backwards this season, made tweaks that have resulted in toure and silva having poor seasons, kompany, nasri, aguero all had poorer seasons, rubbish in the CL, miles off in the prem, embarrassed in the cup final

would have been interesting if utd werent making the change too, think they might have given him another chance, but with utd and chelsea making changes this summer IMO it made sense

Cant say its undeserved.

His tactics were a sham. 3 at teh back, Maicon as wing back was awful. His sub of Tevez for Rodwell was possibly the weirdest sub in a cup final you will ever see

His Man-Management wasnt much better. publicly criticizing players like Nasri and balotelli though he probably deserved it. dropping of Lescott from the squad was also a bit petty

His transfers were even worse. Javi Garcia 16 million, Maicon, Scott Sinclair was probably the worst transfer business done on a single day. selling Nigel De Jong

It was a poor league overall last year which they only scraped at the end and this season they have just floated along doing nothing. 

Let's hope they appoint a manager who plays some wingers. Their slow, narrow, tip-tap it through the middle approach this season was mind-numbing. The only times they looked consistently good was when the full-backs/wing-backs bombed on enough to give them some width. 

Mancini has to go down as a quintessential Italian manager, he took one of the most talented squads ever assembled and (other than a brief spell at the start of last season) turned them into a dull as **** grind it out team. 

tbh with the money he's had he should have gone last year for only winning the league on GD 

clear out at City though over the summer I suspect

It's harsh, but I can see why they've done it.

If you feel the club isn't moving forwards (and shan't do in the future), then there's no point in paying lip service to loyalty before sacking him another year down the line.

tbh with the money he's had he should have gone last year for only winning the league on GD 

clear out at City though over the summer I suspect

Trouble with a clear out is their players are on so much money who will or can afford to buy them?

One of the reasons was he didn't bring enough of their academy players through. I heard this same horseshit from Chelsea that they wouldn't be spending huge money and planned to be self-sufficient. Never going to happen.

They have'nt looked interested in playing for him all season. For such a plethora of football talent, they chugged through games like a load of bored journeymen.

Interesting to see which direction they take now, but you can see a clear-out coming.

Â