Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

So apparently balotelli made a bad tackle in practice which angered Mancini. Mancini goes and yells in his face, balotelli doesnt like it and threatens Mancini. Both need to be restrained. If this story is true, then can't blame Mancini. You don't want stupid rash tackles in practice.

So Mancini unsuccessfully trying to deny there being an issue:

(From BBC Sports) Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini speaking at his weekly press conference about Thursday's training-ground incident with Mario Balotelli: "It wasn't bad things like in the newspapers. We were playing a game [in training] and Mario kicked his team-mate and I said to him to go inside, leave the pitch. He said no, I take his shirt and push him out of pitch. That was it. That is what happened. Nothing special."

When asked if he lost his temper with striker Mario Balotelli at the Manchester City training ground on Thursday, Roberto Mancini said: "No. For two seconds, yes. Three, four seconds later no. He didn't want to leave pitch. No fight, no true. This don't change anything on my thoughts. These are things that can happen."

Finally from Roberto Mancini on Thursday's incident with Mario Balotelli: "I wanted him to leave the pitch after what he did against another player. For us it's not good. The situation is this."

Yeah maybe it isn't as bad as what the papers would like you to think but still you can't tell me that this sort of thing happens in training all the time.

• 3 months later...

Un-b-lieveable. Mancini complaining about lack of signings.

Roberto Mancini says Manchester City would still be challenging for the Premier League and Champions League titles had he been able to sign his principal targets last summer.

"We would probably be at the top... probably also in a Champions League quarter-final," the City manager said.

"We had a chance to get three or four players that would have improved our team but now it is finished with."

And he added rivals Manchester United "continued to improve their team".

All five top targets identified by Mancini last summer opted against joining City.

Those at the top of the Italian's list were understood to include Netherlands striker Robin van Persie, who instead joined Premier League leaders United from Arsenal, and Belgium's Eden Hazard, who signed for Chelsea from French side Lille.

Additionally, Athletic Bilbao's Javi Martinez chose Bayern Munich, Daniel De Rossi stayed in Italy with Roma and City refused to meet Liverpool's £27m valuation of Danish centre-half Daniel Agger.

However, the Italian still spent £52m last summer on players including Javi Garcia, Matija Nastasic and Jack Rodwell. That was a greater total than Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson, whose chief purchase was the £24m capture of Van Persie.

"We had the chance to get important players, players that this year could have been the difference in this team," continued Mancini. "But it is useless to talk about this now."

Full Story

Must be a nightmare being manager of Man City in the transfer market mustn't it!

A pretty pointless set of signings from Mankini.

I don't know what has happened with them, but they've barely been mentioned since Christmas. They've undoubtedly had the most 'meh' of seasons.

Garcia was a pretty poor signing, Mancini can (presumably) only blame himself for that one.

Plus Rodwell and Sinclair. 2 Players who will never hold a place down in the team.

and Maicon

only Nastasic looks a good player from signings

Did he also sign Viera? That was another waste of money too (not sure if he has remained on as a coach but he didn't offer them anything as a player).

...and Owen Hargreaves! Wow, its quite a collection of useless signings from Mr Mancini isn't it!

Did he also sign Viera? That was another waste of money too (not sure if he has remained on as a coach but he didn't offer them anything as a player).

...and Owen Hargreaves! Wow, its quite a collection of useless signings from Mr Mancini isn't it!

Vieira is International Ambassador or some other trumped up role.

• 1 month later...

Time over for Mancini... right?

He was gone before today. Spending £200million and failing to get out of a reletively easy champions league group was bad, bit being Outplayed by wigan in an fa cup final? Bye bye mankini

Does Pellegrini speak English?

I want any new manager to be able to engage in mind games with Mourinho or else they can do one.

I don't think Moyes is the type to get involved in that carry on, so with Fergie out the door and Wenger more interested in economics, we need a man for a one liner.

Â