Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

I don't think he was very popular with large chunks of the first team squad.

Also, after Cook was fired, Mancini was largely left to run the club on his own and (as they won the league) it worked.  Once the Barcelona contingent arrived the dynamic shifted and that was it for him...

One of the reasons was he didn't bring enough of their academy players through. I heard this same horseshit from Chelsea that they wouldn't be spending huge money and planned to be self-sufficient. Never going to happen.

in fairness I remember when the owners bought City they said something like they have a very good academy which they do, Before the takeover its as good as ours, Sturridge, Richards, Onouha, Ireland, Johnson and even Ched Evans all had decent talent

What he did in the summer, moving de jong on and signing Garcia, Sinclair and maicon was insane. Just moving players in and out for the sake of it. Sinclair especially.

What he did in the summer, moving de jong on and signing Garcia, Sinclair and maicon was insane. Just moving players in and out for the sake of it. Sinclair especially.

I don't think he was in charge of transfers in his defence.

Give him an Xbox and a copy of FIFA13, see how he does then!

Sturridge is from our academy

Sturridge left our academy when he was 11. I don't think we can really claim any credit for his development. He was at Man City for about 9 years, including a couple of years of first team (albeit on the fringe) football. Man City turned him into a decent player and have done with several others also. It's a real downside to a club having all this money, that young players just get pushed down, not because they're not good enough but that expectations are so high that there's no patience. 

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Sturridge left our academy when he was 11. I don't think we can really claim any credit for his development. He was at Man City for about 9 years, including a couple of years of first team (albeit on the fringe) football. Man City turned him into a decent player and have done with several others also. It's a real downside to a club having all this money, that young players just get pushed down, not because they're not good enough but that expectations are so high that there's no patience. 

Sinclair is from Chelsea. 

Sinclair is from Chelsea.

???

• Like 1

The timing is a bit odd, they could have just sacked him after the final game of the season but it was inevitable he was going to go.  Mancini came with a reputation of being able to produce the goods in Europe and his efforts in the Champions League fell well below what was expected.  Still, he signed a five year contract less than a year ago so he will be getting a golden handshake to leave and he will almost certainly get plenty of offers from other clubs.  

The timing is a bit odd, they could have just sacked him after the final game of the season but it was inevitable he was going to go.  Mancini came with a reputation of being able to produce the goods in Europe and his efforts in the Champions League fell well below what was expected.  Still, he signed a five year contract less than a year ago so he will be getting a golden handshake to leave and he will almost certainly get plenty of offers from other clubs.  

He really didnt. He has only won 2 knockout games in Champioons League when at Milan and his team performance vs Liverpool in 2008 was a sign of how bad tactically he was

£10 million payout apparently.

3 new managers at the top 3 clubs next season. Should be really interesting to see how they go and who'll get sacked first.

The timing is a bit odd, they could have just sacked him after the final game of the season but it was inevitable he was going to go. Mancini came with a reputation of being able to produce the goods in Europe and his efforts in the Champions League fell well below what was expected. Still, he signed a five year contract less than a year ago so he will be getting a golden handshake to leave and he will almost certainly get plenty of offers from other clubs.

He really didnt. He has only won 2 knockout games in Champioons League when at Milan and his team performance vs Liverpool in 2008 was a sign of how bad tactically he was

Typo on my part. Meant to write unable. Seems I'm unable to type properly!

Â