Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

This is all guess work and based on like I said there are no criminal charges against city or mancini - it's more likely that a foreign national earning revenue from a foreign source (and this won't be the only one, he'll probably have been doing Italian TV work etc) earning tens of millions has an accountant that happily keeps all of it away from HMRC

The liklihood of man city ever being dragged in to it by telling mancini what to do over his tax is somewhere between slim and none 

I think people want there to be something that there's not here, they've broken football rules, they will be punished by footballs governing bodies, there's no precedent for punishments beyond points deductions (which even then I think is only as high as 10 points) and fines

The level have cheating has obviously never been done before either with FFP being relatively new still but titles being stripped and especially relegation is pushing it and highly unlikely 

I'm not sure what the premier league are going after but if you've read the hacked emails, they were doing things to hide the fact they broke FFP. This wasn't just spending more than they should. 

It'll be a fudge like the way the RFU "punished" Saracens for their salary cap breaches. One season in the second tier, kept most of their best players so they pissed it and were back in a season. No stripping of titles. They refused to open their books too so the full extent of what they were up to was never known. 

Citeh will be treated similarly. 

• Like 1

The subs we brought on were better than what they had to bring on, that midfield wasn't good, bizarre that he went with akanji in there with them 2 on the bench (plus what even is kalvin phillips anymore if he's not getting game time now?) 

Peps gonna need a few hundred million more

46 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I don't think they have ever been dominated as much in Guardiola's time there. In fact I'd doubt any Guardipla team has been dominated as much statistically in a game.

Its the most shots City have faced in the Premier League since he took over

Some absolute bell end on Talksport saying we are a 'shower' then calling us 'Aston Vanilla' 

Same idiot was nearly crying as it's 'not the city' he's used to over the past decade. 

Get back in the corner you prat. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26

15 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Some absolute bell end on Talksport saying we are a 'shower' then calling us 'Aston Vanilla' 

Same idiot was nearly crying as it's 'not the city' he's used to over the past decade. 

Get back in the corner you prat. 

And they wonder why everyone thinks they’re words removed 😂

• Haha 1

Utter winner nutter Guardiola won't stand for this, I feel sorry for Luton in the next game, as there's probably going to be a big backlash. Hopefully Luton watched us play and picked up a few ideas

Edited by useless

7 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I don't think they have ever been dominated as much in Guardiola's time there. In fact I'd doubt any Guardipla team has been dominated as much statistically in a game.

Not just his time at Man City but Barcelona and Munich as well. I read this on the BBC:

• Man City attempted just two shots against Villa - the fewest ever by a Guardiola team in a game within Europe's big five leagues (a run of 535 games)
    • The 22 shots from Aston Villa was the joint-most faced by a Guardiola side in the same period

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67643413

•  
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, useless said:

Utter winner nutter Guardiola won't stand for this, I feel sorry for Luton in the next game, as there's probably going to be a big backlash. Hopefully Luton watched us play and picked up a few ideas

I think Luton might have slim smash and grab chance like any team but I highly doubt we’ll see them outplay and dominate the treble winners.

16 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Bit shit, this lot.

Looking at the team it's no surprise really. 3 at the back with Stones and Akanji in midfield??? That's not going to work. Then you look at Pep's options and you see Kovacic and Nunes as the sub midfielders with £50m treble winning sensation and England stalwart Kalvin Phillips left on the bench. They've no midfield at all really, it's no wonder they only win when Rodri plays. They should have strengthened better in the summer. Paqueta would have been a good signing, Nunes seemed like a panic buy. 

Â