Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, villa89 said:

I don't see the big issue with it at all to be honest. They bypassed FFP regulations to build a great team and win trophies. The FFP system is absolute rubbish of the highest order, designed to keep clubs like Man Utd., Bayern etc. at the top of European football forever. Whatever you think of city's owners they have only done good by that club and community. In my view it's completely illegal to stop an owner investing their own money into a business that they own. The Premier League should have rules that stop clubs going bankrupt not this FFP tripe that's in place now.

You buy success in football, Man City, Chelsea, Newcastle are the clubs that have hit the jackpot with endless money to buy trophies with.  

It's totally beside the point though.

"I don't like the rules" isn't an excuse for breaking them. If you were caught doing 120mp in a 40mph limit you couldn't justify it by explaining why the law doesn't make sense.

You're right. FFP is bullshit. But those are the rules that the game works to. Others abide by them even if it disadvantages them. So everyone should abide by them. That's how the world works.
If other clubs had broken the rules in this way while Man City were doing it then City probably wouldn't have won half as much because they would have had more competition

• Like 3

It would be good for some people to understand that breaking the rules, and breaking the rules and deliberately manipulating your financials and accounts to hide the fact that you've broken the rules are two very different things.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

just to flip the script/ narrative a little, would it be fair to say that,  in respect to transfer fees paid out,  Villa are the English club that have benefitted most from City's corruption? Arsenal have also made out pretty well over the years I imagine

We weren’t to know… neither were Arsenal…

If City didn’t have the dirty money, they wouldn’t have been able to throw it about and we wouldn’t have sold our players to them…

The buck stops with City…

They should have been happy being the plucky upstarts like us and Newcastle and Everton who all dreamed for success and better days…

The cheating words removed weren’t actually supposed to achieve it!!!

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair it’s probably just a bad bunch. We all know Villa have their fair share too. 

My only interaction was with a family on the train from Uxbridge to Wembley. They were lovely to chat too. 

Really?

You tried to… communicate with them?

Treated them… like… humans???

Sounds like a barmy notion if you ask me…

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Interesting video on the subject. Makes you appreciate how big of an issue this is for the Premier League itself, let alone Manchester City.

EDIT: Not sure why the video was so large so just linked it instead, sorry.

Lasted 5 seconds before I turned it off.

I'm not listening to that voice.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Is it right that they are allowed to continue playing whilst this is going on? 

Yes but breaking news they're only allowed to gain points based on the old 2 for a win system

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If rather them win multiple leagues than United and Liverpool. That would be unbearable. 

I wouldn’t, least IF and it’s a big IF Liverpool and United have followed the rules, then they kinda have the history on their side to justify their position at the top of the table.

City have robbed players from all over the World, built infrastructures, used funds they should never have had access too, to build them into this “elite” club, whilst other clubs like Villa have basically had their hands tied, and been crippled by losing multiple “captains” that we eventually regressed and got relegated, Barry, Milner, Delph, Grealish were all important to us, losing them has hurt us, every time!

Without City cheating we wouldn’t have lost any of them, well least not to City. 

What they have done is literally like playing Football Manager with the infinite money cheat on, it’s completely unfair.

I don’t like FFP, but without it, football as we know it would eventually become like the wild Wild West with young lads earning multiple Millions a week, hell even a day. 

They need the book thrown at them, a strong example needs to be made, possibly even dissolving of the club and all its assets, owners banned from ever owning a football club and lifetime bans for all those complicit in this scam. 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Is it right that they are allowed to continue playing whilst this is going on? 

Yes of course, what do you propose? Throw them out of the league immediately and invalidate all their results?

22 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Yes but breaking news they're only allowed to gain points based on the old 2 for a win system

So if they win on Sunday they can get 2 points but then we should get 3 for playing them anyway... 

16 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

a strong example needs to be made, possibly even dissolving of the club and all its assets, owners banned from ever owning a football club and lifetime bans for all those complicit in this scam. 

If you think that's an option or possible outcome then you're on a different planet. 

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If rather them win multiple leagues than United and Liverpool. That would be unbearable. 

I always said this as I was always apathetic about City wining, it just doesn't really mean anything when they win so I always like meh.  Better that than the unbearable wankfest of United or Plop wining something.  They've also been well positioned to stop Spurs finally winning something too which would of course be horrendous.

Now though, after just a brief skim through the cesspit that is Blue Moon, I am beginning to really despise them and their horrific, holier than thou, delusional, conspiracy theorist, violence threatening fan base.  **** them!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Withnail said:

So if they have paid players/managers extra off the books will the taxman get involved?

I doubt it as they probably would have paid tax like they would do any other job.

These are people who will have multiple income streams from sponsorships, giving talks, appearances etc anyway that this wouldn't have any implication on that unless they've hidden it but they'd be pretty stupid to do that.

The issue here is that the PL have an issue with the origin of the money, and that they've been agreeing it as part of the package to break Premier League and UEFA rules, rather than anything actually illegal happening

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

just to flip the script/ narrative a little, would it be fair to say that,  in respect to transfer fees paid out,  Villa are the English club that have benefitted most from City's corruption? Arsenal have also made out pretty well over the years I imagine

In a way yes, but those transfers have done us much more harm than good, despite the cash (+ Steven Ireland).

Would we have sold any of Milner, Barry, or Delph to them if our hand wasn't forced? Would we ****. We wouldn't have even sold them Grealish for £100 m if it wasn't for the release clause we had to insert to get him to sign a new contract.

Â