Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

I hope they don’t do respective punishment. Taking titles off them now will mean nothing and let’s be honest, no respecting fan will want their team to be gifted an old title (Liverpool obviously will). They should get sanctions moving forward now though. 

I'd take that if the sanctions last as long as the offence. Ban from the Premier League for, what is it, 14 years or so? I'd take that.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He’s making the same argument our fans do, that FFP is only there to stop teams like Man City (and Newcastle and ours) from being able to compete with Man U, Arsenal Liverpool and Chelsea. 

Jordan is also right though of course. Just because we don’t agree with FFP doesn’t mean you can just ignore it. 

I agree that FFP is a joke designed to try to maintain the monopoly of the big clubs. City have been a great addition to the top of the league in my book, it was terrible when Man Utd just won the league every year. And for all their "cheating" they've only won 6 or the last 11 titles which could end up being 6 from 12 this season.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I hope they don’t do respective punishment. Taking titles off them now will mean nothing and let’s be honest, no respecting fan will want their team to be gifted an old title (Liverpool obviously will). They should get sanctions moving forward now though. 

Does voiding their titles mean another team needs to be awarded it retrospectively though?

Completely disagree that taking honours from them mean nothing, I think it’s one of the few punishments that will actually mean something. A monetary fine and a points deduction this season would mean nothing.

If the investigation has proven unprecedented cheating over the last decade has been the backbone of their ‘success’ I have absolutely no issue with this being voided, in fact I welcome it.

I do agree that retrospectively awarding other teams honours is a non-starter though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

City first game since this new breaks could be interesting. Of course had to be us to face some potential onslaught 😂

You just know citeh skys coverage is going to be 99.5% citeh and we will get about half a percent coverage about us

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I agree that FFP is a joke designed to try to maintain the monopoly of the big clubs. City have been a great addition to the top of the league in my book, it was terrible when Man Utd just won the league every year. And for all their "cheating" they've only won 6 or the last 11 titles which could end up being 6 from 12 this season.

They are a despicable club with a nasty and arrogant fan base. They aren't a "great addition to the top of the league" at all. They are cheats. Plain and simple. And the sooner they f*** off back to their rightful place in the lower leagues the better. 

Somehow, they became worse than their neighbours as soon as they won the Arabic lottery, and the league will be a far better place without them. If you aren't sure, go and read their forum. Says it all.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Not to surprised to read that Premier League clubs want City kicked out of the league if found guilty, I imagine a lot of clubs are as tired of the lack of severe punishment as fans are at this point. 

Can't see it happening TBH.

The punishment won't be as severe as getting kicked out of the league, it will be a fine and minor points deduction, maybe a transfer ban.

But that's it, even if the PL wanted to throw the book at them, and hand out the most severe punishment imaginable, there is no way the British government will let them as it would put a strain on their relationship with Abu Dhabi.  Money talks I'm afraid.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Can't see it happening TBH.

The punishment won't be as severe as getting kicked out of the league, it will be a fine and minor points deduction, maybe a transfer ban.

But that's it, even if the PL wanted to throw the book at them, and hand out the most severe punishment imaginable, there is no way the British government will let them as it would put a strain on their relationship with Abu Dhabi.  Money talks I'm afraid.

Hmmmm. Yes, UAE and Britain have super close economic ties and mutual investments and interests -- and a lengthy history. But if the emirs were going to flex their muscles and call in favours etc., why would they wait until a four-year investigation was over? And can you imagine the enmity that would visited upon the current Government by the local Tory down at the pub (to say nothing of everyone else who votes) were it to get out that the Government caved to the emirs and let them shit all over the Game?  

Can't see that.

Money talks, but votes talk even louder for politicians.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

57 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I want that 2020 Carabao Cup 😉

I think any punishment regarding trophies will be interesting. Unlike Juventus and the match fixing scandal, the players won fair and square(minus bad refs) on the pitch so might not have legal grounds to strip them of trophies

• Like 1

Lolz

Disgusting how MSM is acting.It is out of control whipping up hysteria.

I got to thinking why would MSM be acting this way before City have even had their day.

If City were a Human facing charges and MSM was acting in this Biased nasty way.It would be viewed as prejudicing a Court Case.

It is really simple.

The Rag Tops know our day is going to be in front of a Kangaroo Court chaired and controlled by our enemies.That our guilt is already a foregone conclusion.

MSM have already been told this Nudge,Nudge,Wink,Wink.

That the Kangaroo Court is going to throw the metaphorical Kitchen sink at us sanction wise.3 year transfer Bans etc,and 15 points deductions etc.

They want to destroy our future not our past.This does not benefit the top 4 Clubs.

It is nothing more than a nasty malicious,vindictive, hate campaign by jealous American owned Clubs.Who envy all our achievements.

This will go exactly like the Cartel controlled UEFA case.

Premier League will reach out to us like UEFA did through back channels.Letting us know we are going to go Nuclear on your arses. There is no way you will win this case with us regardless of innocence.How about you agree to our deal ?

We will tell them to **** off hopefully.Regardless of what they offer.

Right now we are already preparing for our day in the High Court where we will put it all out there.The ludicrous demands by an organisation made up of our enemies and competitors wanting exclusively looks way beyond the normal,in to our business models.So they can find out our inner workings and report valuable businesses information to their respective Clubs.

I can see now in my minds Eye the look on a Judges face when he finds out how the Premier League Mafia cartel is run.

I am avoiding all MSM for the sake of my Health.

Let them spew their Bile.

In my Head i am already at the High Court.And seeing writs flying around like confetti afterwards.

Premier League is finished.They just dont know it yet.This story ends with the much needed independent regulation of the Premier League.And the Cartel Clubs losing control of our game.They are the problem not City.

• Haha 1

Â