Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the fact that emails regards payments are coming from official UAE government email addresses kinda gives the game away that they are state owned despite all the denials?!

Isn't that in itself a breach of the rules?

That long trail of Etihad asking if they could have an invoice because the Sheikh had given them the £35m that they needed to route through their bank account so it looked like sponsorship money is just jaw dropping - how can you commit such a massive fraudulent operation and then be sloppy in generating an invoice!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is fantastic - the bit on gambling sponsorship after about an hour is also I think worth a watch and very relevant to us.

Nice shot of Steven Gerrard signing a partnership deal with a gambling company, because of course he did.

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Surely the fact that emails regards payments are coming from official UAE government email addresses kinda gives the game away that they are state owned despite all the denials?!

Isn't that in itself a breach of the rules?

Imagine if the owners are forced to relinquish the club. That would be quite funny, especially if any potential new owner has to deal with the fall out (like relegation, fines or points deductions). That would make it less desirable. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I love the way they decide how much money they need, then make the sponsorship amount match it - I'm not sure that's how other clubs negotiate their sponsorship deals.

Tens of millions of pounds discussed like swapping xbox games. 

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Imagine if the owners are forced to relinquish the club. That would be quite funny, especially if any potential new owner has to deal with the fall out (like relegation, fines or points deductions). That would make it less desirable. 

Interesting question for the fans. Do they take that 15 years of success and go back to the lower leagues or not have it and stay Premier League midtable forever

• Like 1

Either this will go no where and they'll fudge it all and get a fine.

Or Man City leaked their own emails to get kicked out of the league to start a super league with juventus and the Spanish clubs.

There's no way any of the people involved in this should be allowed back anywhere near owning a football club.

Simon Cliff, the Man City legal counsel should surely be struck off - he's involved in the illicit movement of tens of millions of pounds of money - surely that's cause enough for him to be disbarred?

Andrew Widdowson, the Chief finance officer has been involved in a hugely fraudulent enterprise, surely that should affect his ability to continue to practise as a financial advisor/accountant?

Sheikh Mansour shouldn't be anywhere near football, or any sort of sport for that matter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Can't see it happening TBH.

The punishment won't be as severe as getting kicked out of the league, it will be a fine and minor points deduction, maybe a transfer ban.

But that's it, even if the PL wanted to throw the book at them, and hand out the most severe punishment imaginable, there is no way the British government will let them as it would put a strain on their relationship with Abu Dhabi.  Money talks I'm afraid.

Whilst I don't disagree with most of this comment, this isn't just a bit of dodgy dealing behind the scenes. This is probably the biggest case of money laundering and fake accounts I've ever seen. The odd bung from earlier years was tiny in comparison.

False accounting 

Payments bolstering sponsorship deals

Payments covering wages to reduce official outgoings

If your employer did any of those they probably wouldn't exist afterwards. This needs to be looked at from a legal POV only

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

don't think this has been shared. 

That is simply unbelievable - it's an incredible trail of the most casual approach to hiding hundreds of millions of pounds - these aren't the communications of people who give the tiniest f*** or think that any of the rules really apply to them - it's a clerical decision, "Oh, can you put this on this line because of the silly rule please" it's nothing to them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That is simply unbelievable - it's an incredible trail of the most casual approach to hiding hundreds of millions of pounds - these aren't the communications of people who give the tiniest f*** or think that any of the rules really apply to them - it's a clerical decision, "Oh, can you put this on this line because of the silly rule please" it's nothing to them.

It's stunning. To think of the years of success and the impact its had on the league. 

They're a major stain on the Premier league. 

I'm not sure one relegation is enough. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Whilst I don't disagree with most of this comment, this isn't just a bit of dodgy dealing behind the scenes. This is probably the biggest case of money laundering and fake accounts I've ever seen. The odd bung from earlier years was tiny in comparison.

False accounting 

Payments bolstering sponsorship deals

Payments covering wages to reduce official outgoings

If your employer did any of those they probably wouldn't exist afterwards. This needs to be looked at from a legal POV only

I wonder if it will be. 

Surely there's motivation there to go after them when it's this scale. 

But then again, these leaked emails are old and no one has seemed to care. 

Â