Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

It would cost us to terminate his contract now. I just hope the new manager gives him a chance. Like he will with the other players already in the squad.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw him play in south africa at the last world cup three times, and he was up there amongst the best players in that socceroos team...

think he's a good addition to the squad and will play many games next season...

are they giving him no 14?

welcome brett...

I am very interested to see how he does. He is one of the more creative players in the Australian national set up. I think he will be average in the PL, with the odd good game, I hope I am wrong though and he does well.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can offer. He's the kind of signing that the likes of Fulham make on the quiet and they turn into really good Premier League footballers rather than like us blowing millions on overrated garbage.

I think Holman will be right up Lambert's alley and vice versa. His ability is limited but he will run through brick walls for a real man-manager type.

On another point, word is Brett may be missing from international duty this week with the impending birth of his second child.

Good luck on all counts Bretty.

I think Holman will be right up Lambert's alley and vice versa. His ability is limited but he will run through brick walls for a real man-manager type.

On another point, word is Brett may be missing from international duty this week with the impending birth of his second child.

A central midfield trio of Ireland, Holman and Makoun/Petrov wouldn't be half bad.

A central midfield trio of Ireland, Holman and Makoun/Petrov wouldn't be half bad.

Not bad but needs more, much more. We need to stack our midfield. I would be happy if midfielders is all we bought this summer.

Not bad but needs more, much more. We need to stack our midfield. I would be happy if midfielders is all we bought this summer.

I wouldn't. Defence is just as important.

Do you honestly believe Petrov will play for Villa again, or anyone for that matter?

Geoff Thomas was on TS this am promoting Peddle for Petrov

Not sure how it's actually going but he said its really tough for Stan right now

Guess he's mid-battle so let's all say a prayer

Absolutely second that CI but we must now plan without Petrov.

I have no doubt however that we will see Petrov in our shirt again but it will probably be a benefit match.

I don"t know much about lukemia,Is there a cure or not ?

Absolutely second that CI but we must now plan without Petrov.

I have no doubt however that we will see Petrov in our shirt again but it will probably be a benefit match.

I don"t know much about lukemia,Is there a cure or not ?

from what i understand the type of leukemia stan has requires long treatment. it can go into remission but as a minimum i think he will require treatment in stages that could take up to two years. i dont think he will play again given his age unfortunatley