Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

John Arne Riise is an example of limited natural ability, but getting successful after hard work. When he was at school, he trained twice every day. He ran to school (which was quite a distance) and after school he had football trainings with the team or he trained alone with the ball.

I think they say that he is the Norwegian footbal player who has trained most.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying that because he is Australian he has had no technical training, and has no technical ability? Get your heads out of your arse. England is not exactly overrun with great technical players, and creaming yourselves over a Jack Wiltshere once every generation just shows the lack of technical ability produced.

The ignorance of this forum to players outside of england is astounding.

So you're saying that because he is Australian he has had no technical training, and has no technical ability? Get your heads out of your arse. England is not exactly overrun with great technical players, and creaming yourselves over a Jack Wiltshere once every generation just shows the lack of technical ability produced.

To be fair mate, I don't think anybody has said that (correct me if I'm wrong). This thread got off the topic of Holman 3-4 pages ago.

If someone has actually said that then they're so far off the mark it's ridiculous. Australia is one of the leaders in sports development. Though I'm not sure anyone actually did say that.

Lol calm down.

John Arne Riise is an example of limited natural ability, but getting successful after hard work. When he was at school, he trained twice every day. He ran to school (which was quite a distance) and after school he had football trainings with the team or he trained alone with the ball.

I don't believe in natural ability, that people are born footballers. If that was true why arn't the sons of pele footballers? I read a book called Bounce by Mathew Syed which sort of agreed with what i always thought. My grandad always went on about natural ability would always win over graft. But his book shelves were packed with golf books and every tue fri and sat he'd be down the club. Obviously Riise and Agbonlahor didn't have amiga 500's when they were little. If Riise practiced mostly alone he wouldn't be good at taking on players and getting out of tight holes that someone like messi. But he must have refined his hard shot blasting the ball against a wall.

I don't believe in natural ability, that people are born footballers. If that was true why arn't the sons of pele footballers? I read a book called Bounce by Mathew Syed which sort of agreed with what i always thought. My grandad always went on about natural ability would always win over graft. But his book shelves were packed with golf books and every tue fri and sat he'd be down the club. Obviously Riise and Agbonlahor didn't have amiga 500's when they were little. If Riise practiced mostly alone he wouldn't be good at taking on players and getting out of tight holes that someone like messi. But he must have refined his hard shot blasting the ball against a wall.

Right, so if your Dad is/was a professional footballer that automatically makes you born with the same ability?

Some people are born severely disabled. Some people are born with an athletic ability and level of coordination far higher then everyone else.

Most people lay somewhere along the line in between those two extremes.

If you take someone from the athletic end of the spectrum and work and train very hard they can be a success as a professional athlete with a bit of luck.

If you take someone from the other end of the spectrum it doesn’t matter how hard they work, they will never make the grade.

Yeah ronalodinho hated to train and work hard lol..

I know your joking with this and once he had mad it he did come across lazy. But I bet from the day he could walk he had a ball at his feet and it was always with him. It was his best friend :)

Where is that Edward Norton gif when you need it most? I don't think some people realise how skilled an average PL-player really is. They may look like shite compared with the best, but they really are not compared to the normal man or woman on the street.

Back to Holman. Well, nothing new. I hope and think he might be good for us. So, there's something new from me on the topic. I think, is the new.

Back to Holman. Well, nothing new. I hope and think he might be good for us. So, there's something new from me on the topic. I think, is the new.

Finally!

It was probably silly of me to go to a thread on VT and expect to read about the topic...

They may look like shite compared with the best, but they really are not compared to the normal man or woman on the street.

Exactly. I don't think people appreciate how good you have to be to make it at that level.

I play football twice a week with a difference bunch of guys each time. On one of the days the standard is poor and I am a world beater. They all rate me as one of the best players they've ever seen and are amazed with my ability. On the other day I hardly get a touch.

It's all relative my friends.

As for Holman. I know nothing of the guy so will have to reserve judgement until I see him play several games.

I know your joking with this and once he had mad it he did come across lazy. But I bet from the day he could walk he had a ball at his feet and it was always with him. It was his best friend :)

One of the reasons he left barca, because he didn't want to train lol.. He has got the best technical ability in the world, I think he was one of the best players to ever play the game IMO.

One of the reasons he left barca, because he didn't want to train lol.. He has got the best technical ability in the world, I think he was one of the best players to ever play the game IMO.

He definitely up there with the best and to be fair to him he won every trophy going. Yet he could have achieved so much more.

Maybe he should sign for the Villa. It can go clubbing with Gabby in Brum. He'd love it.