Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

Valencia is perhaps better than any other team in England? At least same level as Manchesters...

I would ask for some of what you are smoking, but I'm not into meth/pcp. :winkold:

I'm not saying Valencia are shit - far from it - but Valencia are nowhere near Manure...

Nowhere near? Valencia had a shit start to the season but if these two played each other over two legs now it'd be very tough to call.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valencia is perhaps better than any other team in England? At least same level as Manchesters...

I would ask for some of what you are smoking, but I'm not into meth/pcp. :winkold:

I'm not saying Valencia are shit - far from it - but Valencia are nowhere near Manure...

I can think of 5 teams in England that are better than valencia

I think trying to rate a player in the final stretch of what has been a long season for AZ is never fair. Holman when he arrives here is not going to be tired and nor is he going to get all that tired here given the lack of cups we excel in.

Seasons in the PL are longer than the ones elsewhere

Many other players from Europe have experienced difficulties adjusting to the PL.

Nowhere near? Valencia had a shit start to the season but if these two played each other over two legs now it'd be very tough to call.

Believe that if you like. Some people believe in religion...

Manure are the best performing team in the best league in the world. Consistently. They also just happen to be fairly-regulars in champions league finals.

The Spanish league is an odd one. Barca and Real are 24 points clear of Valencia, suggesting Valencia are almost a 'Liverpool' gulf away from the top of their domestic league. To put this gulf into perspective, they are only 23 points off rock bottom of the Spanish league. They are also 10 points off the bottom half.

Barca and Real may be two of the biggest clubs in the world but they are also doing an SPL on that league. Barca and Real dine at the same table as Manure.

Facts state that Valencia are nowhere near Manure. But you can always ignore them if you wish...

I think trying to rate a player in the final stretch of what has been a long season for AZ is never fair. Holman when he arrives here is not going to be tired and nor is he going to get all that tired here given the lack of cups we excel in.

Many other players from Europe have experienced difficulties adjusting to the PL.

What is the AZ manager like? Does he stick rigidly with 11 players like MON did, until they become simultaneously knackered and the season fizzles out?

Not a MON attack, but they seem to be hitting a wall from what I read on here. Could it be an issue with squad rotation and a bigger picture of overall player fitness?

Manure are the best performing team in the best league in the world. Consistently. They also just happen to be fairly-regulars in champions league finals.

The Spanish league is an odd one. Barca and Real are 24 points clear of Valencia, suggesting Valencia are almost a 'Liverpool' gulf away from the top of their domestic league. To put this gulf into perspective, they are only 23 points off rock bottom of the Spanish league. They are also 10 points off the bottom half.

Barca and Real may be two of the biggest clubs in the world but they are also doing an SPL on that league. Barca and Real dine at the same table as Manure.

Facts state that Valencia are nowhere near Manure. But you can always ignore them if you wish...

Why so much arrogance in your post? You said they are nowhere near united which is simply not true however you want to spin it.

Bilbao stuffed united over two legs and then guess who beat them. Whether united have done what they've done consistently over how many years or not matters nothing, if they played each other right now it would be very close. Comparing the two leagues is pointless. Yeah valencia trail the top two but those two are much better than any English team.

It's also not a fact that we have the best league in the world. But like you say believe that if you like some people believe in religion.

Oh and Liverpool are 8th not 3rd its a poor comparison.

I can think of 5 teams in England that are better than valencia

Go on....

What is the AZ manager like? Does he stick rigidly with 11 players like MON did, until they become simultaneously knackered and the season fizzles out?

Not a MON attack, but they seem to be hitting a wall from what I read on here. Could it be an issue with squad rotation and a bigger picture of overall player fitness?

Not sure but it's quite possible that many of the AZ players are not 100% in it as they know they won't be at AZ next season due to their catastrophic finances. Wernbloom has already left for CSKA and many of the top players like Elm, Poulsen, and Marcellis will most likelly follow Holman out in the summer

Why so much arrogance in your post? You said they are nowhere near united which is simply not true however you want to spin it.

Bilbao stuffed united over two legs and then guess who beat them. Whether united have done what they've done consistently over how many years or not matters nothing, if they played each other right now it would be very close. Comparing the two leagues is pointless. Yeah valencia trail the top two but those two are much better than any English team.

It's also not a fact that we have the best league in the world. But like you say believe that if you like some people believe in religion.

Oh and Liverpool are 8th not 3rd its a poor comparison.

Liverpool are not part of the elite in the Premier League, despite what their fans will tell you. 34 points off the top at this stage of the season confirms that. This is highlighting a 'gulf'.

Valencia are almost the same distance off the top of the Spanish league. They are also not standing out from the rest of the chasing pack, and a couple of dodgy results could take them out of European competition qualification positions.

Bilbao have looked lively, and outplayed Manure the other week across two legs. Blackburn also beat Manure recently, but I don't expect them to be winning the league next season.

Are you now following the logic that because Bilbao beet Manure, and Valencia beat Bilbao that Valencia are better than Manure? It wouldn't take much to prove we are better than Barcelona by this route. Which would be bullshit...

Liverpool are not part of the elite in the Premier League, despite what their fans will tell you. 34 points off the top at this stage of the season confirms that. This is highlighting a 'gulf'.

Valencia are almost the same distance off the top of the Spanish league. They are also not standing out from the rest of the chasing pack, and a couple of dodgy results could take them out of European competition qualification positions.

Bilbao have looked lively, and outplayed Manure the other week across two legs. Blackburn also beat Manure recently, but I don't expect them to be winning the league next season.

Are you now following the logic that because Bilbao beet Manure, and Valencia beat Bilbao that Valencia are better than Manure? It wouldn't take much to prove we are better than Barcelona by this route. Which would be bullshit...

Valencia are 50% closer than that of Liverpool. They are standing out from the rest of the pack as they are 3rd regardless again how you want to spin about potential results.

Not really sure why I'm bothering to discuss this as its got **** all to do with Holman and again if the two teams faced each other there really wouldnt be a clear favourite.

Also it would be hard to prove we are better than Barcelona not really sure how you'd go about that but given that Valencia are "nowhere near manure" i'm sure it wouldnt take much for you to prove we are better than Barca.

• 3 weeks later...

From challenging for the Eredivisie title and a Champions League spot with AZ Alkmaar, to playing in the Championship with Aston Villa. Now that's what I call commitment. I wonder how much he's regretting his decision to join us!

I doubt he's signed anything yet, just an agreement. He may even have made it known that if we're relegated then he won't come.

With the clueless **** running Villa at the moment he probably has a get out clause that involves him not signing and also getting a £1m parachute payment if we do go down.

He hasn't signed anything yet. Just agreed to join us in the summer. There were rumours last week that he was having second thoughts - Id say it 50-50 if he joins us.

Reading his Wikki entry - he seems to blow very and cold - so won't be greatly missed IMO