Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he is completely shit, I don't really think anything about him as I've never seen him play although I have my doubts about him just based on the fact McLeish signed him. :D

Winning the Aussie player of the year though I have to say doesn't really impress me at all. I mean who did he have to beat to claim that accolade? :D

Hey there are plenty of great Australian ... who am I kidding, he pretty much won it by default.

The descriptions of Brett lead me to believe he is a similar player to Stephen Hunt. Does this sound right?

The best comparison would be Dirk Kuyt, decent technique but it is his work rate that really stands out.

I just thought it was a typo for "slick". :oops: :oops:

What's the point of calling something "sick" you mean something utterly different?

same as wicked or bad are also good things.

Hopefully he'll have a bad season and is sick all over the pitch.

Well I dont think you´ll be voted Australian footballer of the year if you are completly shit.
It is not as far removed from the bounds of possibility as you might imagine. :twisted:

But I admire your sunny optimism. Hope Holman is a big success, though, he will put Aston Villa on the map in Australia, possibly for the first time (football is bigger here since the Bosnich days).

Hope Holman is a big success, though, he will put Aston Villa on the map in Australia, possibly for the first time (football is bigger here since the Bosnich days).

Be nice to see a few people walking around in Villa shirts with Holman on the back as opposed to all the Everton (Cahill) & Liverpool (Kewell) I see.

Don't Macron have a clause in which the shirts are only on sale in Villa shops though?

Not in the US of A

Aston Villa 12/13 Home Soccer Jersey#36483 $89.99

Represent Aston Villa in the 12/13 home jersey! > more

SELECT SIZEPlease choose:Small [Pre-order]Medium [Pre-order]Large [Pre-order]X Large [Pre-order]2 X Large [Pre-order] Size Chart

Check for available sizes now. Some sizes may be on Pre-Order. Ground delivery only on Pre-Order items. The soonest we expect Pre-Order items to ship is: Mid July

It might be nice to actually see some villa shirts in the shops over here.

I saw a few in Melbourne when we were with Nike & doing well. As soon as we began to slide down the table we disappeared.

Has always shitted me the amount of West Ham stuff I see over here compared to Villa.

To be honest I don't think he had a lot of competition this season.

Well the players in the A-League sure look sharp

:lol:

Holy shit.. I wouldn't even consider myself a great player but I could play in that league and look world class going by that video. I play better than that with my mates two to three times a month..

Bwahahahaha

Thing is, the standard of football in the A-League is better now than it has ever been. :oops:

Thankfully, Holman has never played in the A-League.

Remind me to watch this whenever I get slightly excited about the new A-League season!