Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does sound more Dutch than Australian on interview on AVTV.
He's been playing in the Netherlands for 10 years so I guess it's not surprising.

Steve McClaren said the dutch accent is very addictive.

To be honest I don't think he had a lot of competition this season.

Well the players in the A-League sure look sharp

:lol:

The tackle at 25 seconds where the brisbane player (Orange kit) breaks through and has an air swing..was given a penalty...in the 94th minute..the penalty was the last kick of the game and won them the competition..think that sums up the A-league nicely.

Aw come on, enough of the A-League hate. It's not as good as the Premier League - what league is? As an Australian I like both leagues, but to hate on the A-League is counter-productive. We need to back it and maybe one day get to a level where we can compete for excellent players. Although we'll never compete with Europe/South America. Australia is a developing football nation.

Or are people still upset about this:

?

javascript:emoticon(':clap:')

Say what you like about the a league but at least its not rigged so the same few teams win the comp year after year. And that's with only 8 teams in the league.

To be honest I don't think he had a lot of competition this season.

Well the players in the A-League sure look sharp

:lol:

Holy shit.. I wouldn't even consider myself a great player but I could play in that league and look world class going by that video. I play better than that with my mates two to three times a month..

Sounds like you'd be world class in the Premier League too based on this

You actually think a bloopers reel is representative of the quality of a league?

There's no way in hell the A-League is anywhere near most European leagues in terms of quality, but fair dinkum....

Just for a bit of balance here's the A-League's

the arrogance when it comes to premier league fans is unbelievable sometimes.......... its a bloopers reel........ the premier league standard is hugely overrated - its just marketed excellently by Sky TV...... lets face it - jody craddock and karl henry play in the premier league - thats how shit it is !!

6th placed Chelsea won the CL. The Premiership is what it is, strong at the top (thought not currently as strong as it has been), tactically naive at the bottom (though that seems to be changing too).

Back on topic, I saw Adelaide play Melbourne a couple of years back and the quality was probably just below championship level IMO.

And getting right back on topic, I don't expect much from Holman. If he turns out to be useful in some way I'll be pleasantly surprised and very happy.

Just to clarify, i did not post that bloopers video as a statement on how all Australian footballers including Holman must be useless.

I posted it because it's funny.

For god sake we have Richard Dunne in our team, with all his mental lapses and own goals he's a walking blooper reel if ever there was one.

Just to clarify, i did not post that bloopers video as a statement on how all Australian footballers including Holman must be useless.

I posted it because it's funny.

Did you not think perhaps it was in the wrong thread, then? :winkold: