Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

the arrogance when it comes to premier league fans is unbelievable sometimes.......... its a bloopers reel........ the premier league standard is hugely overrated - its just marketed excellently by Sky TV...... lets face it - jody craddock and karl henry play in the premier league - thats how shit it is !!

spot on

the premier league is NOT a good league. it pays big money and has big names, but overall it's fairly poor when it comes to good football. look at how bad we were last year and we still stayed up, for example

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the arrogance when it comes to premier league fans is unbelievable sometimes.......... its a bloopers reel........ the premier league standard is hugely overrated - its just marketed excellently by Sky TV...... lets face it - jody craddock and karl henry play in the premier league - thats how shit it is !!

spot on

the premier league is NOT a good league. it pays big money and has big names, but overall it's fairly poor when it comes to good football. look at how bad we were last year and we still stayed up, for example

Then there are no good leagues bar perhaps la liga. Ridiculous to say that the PL isn't good. One of the two best there is. I'd say the best but it's a very close call with la liga. And I really don't care about sky. I can see for myself and make up my own mind.

Holman is anew you player I tend to forget that we have. But I hope he comes usefull for us. Being the best aussie ain't bad. There are a few good ones.

Then there are no good leagues bar perhaps la liga. Ridiculous to say that the PL isn't good. One of the two best there is. I'd say the best but it's a very close call with la liga. And I really don't care about sky. I can see for myself and make up my own mind.

Holman is anew you player I tend to forget that we have. But I hope he comes usefull for us. Being the best aussie ain't bad. There are a few good ones.

Spain and Germany are by far the two best leagues for football, and the majority of the top players in that league are spanish & german

if you took away a lot of the oversea players in the premiership my guess is that it would be terrible

Spain and Germany are by far the two best leagues for football, and the majority of the top players in that league are spanish & german

if you took away a lot of the oversea players in the premiership my guess is that it would be terrible

First of all, yes, a league will be bad if you take away all the good players. Second of all, no, the german and spanish leagues have a fair few foreigners too. Messi, Ronaldo, Özil for example. And thirdly, the CL finals of the last ten years have contained at least one english club almost every time.

And for the last, this is rather off topic, don't you think.

Rubbish players to have made a career in the premier league (IMO);

Rory Delap

Titus Bramble

Heskey

Vassell

Samaras

Cattermole

Wayne Routledge

There are more, but anyone on here could have been as good if not better than these players with the training they've had.

If Holman is as good as these players, then he'll be fine.

Rubbish players to have made a career in the premier league (IMO);

Rory Delap

Titus Bramble

Heskey

Vassell

Samaras

Cattermole

Wayne Routledge

There are more, but anyone on here could have been as good if not better than these players with the training they've had.

If Holman is as good as these players, then he'll be fine.

Really? I don't think you understand how good these players really are. They might be average in the top league, but in reality they are damn good football players.

Rubbish, utter utter rubbish.

Seconded.

I always thought I could play football 'okay', until a few years ago when I was in Crete. I met a 'dad' who was also on holiday with his young family. After a few beers I found out that he was a professional footballer playing defensive midfield for Aldershot Town. His only transfer fee was £500k from Crystal Palace to Millwall about 10 years earlier. He was a nice bloke who never claimed to be a great player. Twice, we ended up having a kick around with some kids and other dads, also on holiday. He always passed to the kids but 'ran rings' around the dads on the opposite team - myself included. :oops:

I really don't believe any amount of training would have got me even to his level. I think it's a mistake to believe that, if we trained, we could all do the same or a better job than a senior player who has gained himself a Premier League club contract. Anyone who thinks they could be better is either deluded or in the wrong job! :winkold:

No, not really.

Sorry mate, you are having a laugh if you think anyone can play in the top league with a bit of practice.

No, not really.

Why do players choose to play in league 2 when they could just have some extra training and play in the premiership?

No, not really.

No you are right, its actually a load of crap.

You say anyone on here could be better than the players named previously with the same training. So why are there hundreds of kids each year released by clubs up and down the country because they aren't good enough? They've all had the training surely by your logic they should all make it, every single one of them.

You are talking absolute crap.

but anyone on here could have been as good if not better than these players with the training they've had.

Bollocks. Why aren't all professional lower league players able to make the step to the premier league, they train everyday just like the players you listed?

I'm saying there are people who have been released, and have/currently are playing for lower league sides that are better than the players I listed.

Obviously I didn't literally mean anyone on here could have been better than them, but I think if you take a kid with determination, application etc, then he can become as good as a lot of players in the prem. Half the kids that get released are lacking in effort. It's just practice, obviously none of us practiced enough.