What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Well, I finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution earlier tonight and I thoroughly enjoyed it, though annoyingly I must have killed someone early on in the game because I then went throughout the entire game just knocking people out or sneaking past them and I didn't get my Pacifist achievement. It was a lot of fun, the end was a bit of an anti-climax though. I reloaded my save and watched all three, I expected a bit more. Oh well.

Either Dishonored or back to Skyrim for me next I think.

Koudelka_cover.jpg

It's the game that preceded the Shadow Hearts series on PS2, all of which I happened to miss at time.

Set in Aberystwyth in 1898 (no, really) at a creepy old monastery, you walk around the dark dank place in a sort of Resi Evil-esque manner. It's an RPG at heart though, with random battles, and a kind of tactical RPG take on the normal turn based combat of the era.

Furthermore, you allocate points to stats yourself when you level up, so you can create different builds for your three characters. It tries a few pretty unique ideas like this, for a console RPG of the time anyway, and also had an almost entirely voiced over script, and is pretty FMV heavy - hence the 4 discs the game is spread across.

Awful clunky though, in battle, and in walking around the various areas you get to explore. A sign of its age, I suppose.

Just completed Far Cry 3 too jat_r, thought it was class. Prior to that completed Blood Dragon.

Now got Dishonored and Borderlands 2 waiting for me, which to go for first?

PS got all of those games for a total of about 40 quid, bargains off Amazon.

Nah it's crap. I only use it to play my CAW's matches, even then it's just shaking hands after the match / getting attacked on the way to the ring etc... It's nothing compared to the old 'story modes'.

I'm just enjoying playing through Attitude mode for a bit of nostalgia.

Polished off Koudelka (it's pretty short), so have moved on to the next game in the series

ShadowHearts.jpg

It's decent so far. Very decent, in fact. It's a proper console RPG, random battles, turn based combat with a 'special feature' to make it more unique, great soundtrack, stupidly dressed heroes, and a very eeeeeeeeee-vil big boss. Was also impressed by how good it looks. It's like playing a Final Fantasy that I missed out on from the PS2 era, which is basically exactly right. With Last of Us immenent though, don't think I'll get far.

Had to dust off my PS2 to play it, and my HDMI adapter so I could plug it in to my PC monitor. Seeing as I'd done that, and having looked through old saves on the memory card that was still in there, I decided to put GTA: SA on. Good god, it looks horrible. Perfectly playable of course, but man. It probably looked so bad to me cos I last played San Andreas on PC. Fun though. I went straight to the train station and stole the train when it arrived, pelted it though to the countryside, and didn't slow down. It came off the tracks near the bit on the map that looks like farm land, and rolled and rolled and rolled all the way to the main road, and took some cars out. Could be a game all of it's own, train bowling.

Edited by hogso

PSN+ is taking the piss...

uncharted 3, xcom, LBP karting, LOTR war in the north, catherine, kingdoms of almur, ico, shadow of the colossus and demon souls available now, ive only just started hitman from last month

im also trying to get through dead island and sniper elite from lovefilm, street fighter x tekken and crysis 3

Edited by villa4europe

Â