What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Reminds me of when I decided to play San Andreas again last year after having played so much GTAIV on the PS3.

Quite a come down but very fun.

Do you prefer the older ones to IV?

I know this wasn't aimed at me but I do in most ways. I'm not one of the people who slated IV, it's a brilliant game, but III and Vice City are quite dear to me. Maybe it was just a matter of being younger back then, or that GTA III was one of the first (and best) open-world games and the GTA that brought the series into 3D, but I played that game to death. Even when I completed the game I kept playing it for weeks after. It was such a novelty to have a city to roam around and cause carnage in.

I love IV too, it just didn't feel as special at III and Vice City did to me.

Edited by Ginko

I know this wasn't aimed at me but I do in most ways. I'm not one of the people who slated IV, it's a brilliant game, but III and Vice City are quite dear to me. Maybe it was just a matter of being younger back then, or that GTA III was one of the first (and best) open-world games and the GTA that brought the series into 3D, but I played that game to death. Even when I completed the game I kept playing it for weeks after. It was such a novelty to have a city to roam around and cause carnage in.

In agreement here, nothing will ever beat the impact of playing GTA III for the first time. The step up to the 3d world was immense, people were probably expecting a similar impact from GTA IV but how could it ever compete with that? 

Yep, GTA III was revolutionary. I followed that game for a long time whilst it was in development, I've never looked forward to a game as much as that one. Played it for 15 hours straight the day I got it, and many many hours after that.

Reminds me of when I decided to play San Andreas again last year after having played so much GTAIV on the PS3.

Quite a come down but very fun.

Do you prefer the older ones to IV?

I think I have to agree completely with what Ginko said, I thought IV was a brilliant game, one of my favourite PS3 games. It beats the rest in terms of graphics and game play completely but I'd still say the PS2 games were more enjoyable in a way. GTA3 was an innovation, Vice City was all about the setting and the characters that just worked so so well, San Andreas was huge and had so many extras added in that the previous two games didn't.

I think GTA IV just took itself a bit too seriously. Vice City fantastic. I think Saints Row 3 was a step above GTA IV.

GTA IV I thought was fantastic, very reminiscent of Goodfellas (the film).

It definitely had a more serious tone than its predecessors, but it's a very very good game imo. I also enjoyed SR3 massively, I enjoy both types of games and I think there's space for both.

Did anyone who had Sky back in the day (about 10-12 years ago I think) ever watch that game channel they had? It was a channel that had very poor production values and it had an English guy and an Italian woman as the presenters. They did some shows but a lot of it was just gameplay trailers set to music. Well they had a show where the English guy played through some games and GTA III was one of them and I was just in awe of how amazing it looked. They also had an online MMORPG type game called Myth of Soma is memory serves, and he would play on that sometimes too. It wasn't the greatest channel in the world, but it was a games channel so naturally I loved it. Anyone remember it or remember what it was called? Considering how many shit channels there are on Sky, I wish there was another games channel on TV. I guess it's a lot cheaper to just have a website though.

The Blurb on Challenge is a decent watch. It was terribly dull/stupid when it started, but they got a different girl presenter, who writes parts of it too, and is obviously a gamer, rather than just some hot chick.

Anyways, yeah, I remember that channel, but not the name!

Yeah I agree with the GTA sentiments above.

GTA IV is the best GTA game. But if you take time into account then GTA III can't be beaten. Vice City was also brilliant, but as people have said, the step up to 3D for GTA III was just incredible.

I ploughed hours and hours and hours into that game.

ON a random note, I got GTA III and a copy of Greenday's greatest hits (don't know why!) for the same birthday. So spent about 2 weeks just playing GTA and listening to that album.

Even to this day if I hear any greenday song I get an incredible sense of deja vu, for some reason specifically the memory of driving around the airport on GTA3.

Weird.

Yeah I agree with the GTA sentiments above.

GTA IV is the best GTA game. But if you take time into account then GTA III can't be beaten. Vice City was also brilliant, but as people have said, the step up to 3D for GTA III was just incredible.

I ploughed hours and hours and hours into that game.

ON a random note, I got GTA III and a copy of Greenday's greatest hits (don't know why!) for the same birthday. So spent about 2 weeks just playing GTA and listening to that album.

Even to this day if I hear any greenday song I get an incredible sense of deja vu, for some reason specifically the memory of driving around the airport on GTA3.

Weird.

You must have missed all the classic Scarface songs on Flashback Fm :)

Â