What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

It's incredibly difficult, but that is kinda the point.  

Yep. The original Rogue is one of the toughest games of all. I've never even reached the amulet in 24 odd years of trying let alone brought it back to the surface.

I didn't even realise there was an amulet until a few years ago!

Bought an N64 from a (now stay with me here) work colleague's ex-missus who kicked her new partner out and said partner left it behind and told her to bin it.  £35 for the console, two controllers, expansion pack, rumble pack, memory pack and a bag of games all in decent nick.  Never had one in my 'yoof', so I've been very much enjoying the likes of Lylat Wars, Smash Brothers and Mario Kart 64 for the first time.  F**k that controller, though.  HR Giger school of design, surely.

Any recommendations on decent games I could scour eBay for?

Clayfighter!!!

Clayfighter.jpg

Oh dammit that's SNES vers. Ah well, the 64 version I mean.

Here we are. The cunningly titled Clayfighter 63 1/3

196934_50221_front.jpg

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

1080 Snowboarding and Pokémon Stadium were two of the games in the bag. :thumb:

Is it worth mentioning to this day I've not ever played a Zelda game?  Is this the ideal opportunity to remedy this?

Edited by GarethRDR

1080 Snowboarding and Pokémon Stadium were two of the games in the bag. :thumb:

Is it worth mentioning to this day I've not ever played a Zelda game?  Is this the ideal opportunity to remedy this?

Ocarina of Time.

Probably won't have aged well for someone who hasn't played it, but it's the best game of all time, imo, so it's worth giving it a shot.

Majora's Mask is decent as well, but it's a sequel to OoT so you may as well go for OoT

The mini game sin Pokemon Stadium are where it's at. Get some mates round and play the,. Hours of fun. The actual game itself is shit though (imo of course)

Pokemon Stadium 2 is worth a look for mini games too.

But if you're into that sort of stuff then try Mario Party (any of them). Shit to play on your own but brilliant with mates. I still play it to this day every now and then, although usually a drinking version before heading on a night out.

• Like 1

Went back to play Goldeneye a few years ago and crikey it hasn't aged well at all. Practically unplayable tbh, same as Turok 1 & 2 although they were never great. On the other hand games like Diddy Kong Racing & Banjo Kazooie still play brilliantly! 

I guess it's because as soon as Goldeneye was released the effect it had absolutely elevated that genre to a new level, no longer did you walk around linear corridors, blasting bullet sponge 2D spites. A world of realism opened up; interacting with scenery, a.i dodging attacks, even things like silenced weapons, sniper rifle scopes changed the landscape and look at how that genre is advancing now. Diddy Kong racing on the other hand is a really slick kart racer that is still pretty much identical to any of the new mario kart games released even today. 

Â