What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

I have reached that difficult period of any gamers being where you have games you haven't played much of, or even at all, but you don't want to play them, you kind of want to go back to an old game you enjoyed, but really, you know you should knock off one of the other, newer, games. I just can't decide what to do *sigh*

• Like 1

I've been in the situation where I think everything but BF3 and Fifa is boring, and I am now bored of those two games, not so much BF3, but it's getting to the point where my friends aren't playing it much and I prefer playing it with friends. 

First World problems eh chaps? :P

As for me, I finished Ni No Kuni finally and started Tomb Raider today and it's enjoyable so far.

I too get the sense it won't be a particularly long game.

Ni No Kuni and Sleeping Dogs on the PS3 (both excellent)

And finally got around to buying Skyrim on the PC (and my word, does it look the dogs bollox)

Still playing Dark Souls, keeping this build at SL25 and invading people in the Burg and Parish as insane Solaire and doing some friendly Darkwraithing when the hosts are uber-noobs. Was playing Dust 514 quite a bit, but there isn't much left to do until the next patch. Picked up Dishonored since the price dropped, should be starting it tonight.

I really have to go back to Dark Souls one day. I got past the two gargoyles and then got stuck after that and it frustrated me so I left it for a while and never went back. I'm such a half-assed gamer at times.

I really have to go back to Dark Souls one day. I got past the two gargoyles and then got stuck after that and it frustrated me so I left it for a while and never went back. I'm such a half-assed gamer at times.

Finishing Dark Souls is still one of my greatest ever gaming achievements. Easily in my top ten games of all time.

I can understand that, just finishing each boss on Demon's/Dark Souls was probably up there with the most achievement I've ever felt from a game.

I just don't have the patience to plough through it. Demon's Souls was worse. I remember getting frustrated when I did the second stage of the Tower of Latria, the one with the beating heart in the middle of it and the Maneater boss which they pretty much stole for the first boss of Dark Souls since they were pretty damn similar with the exception of having a lot more room to manouvre for the latter.

I got all the way through the level, which for those who don't know, is effectively like going round in a big circle but when you reach the end you unlock a shortcut to the start of the level where you can warp back to the Nexus and heal up and sell items before heading to the boss. Well I was just about to do the thing to unlock the shortcut when a gargoyle swooped down on me whilst I was on one of the narrow spiral staircases around the edge of the towers.I lunged for him in a moment of madness, missed, and fell down the gap where the lift was. Fell pretty far before meeting the lift coming back up, which I promptly splattered against. I had to do the entire level all over again.

Brilliant game though.

Edited by Ginko

really? i think its been a decent start to the year, ni no kuni, tomb raider, bioshock plus im now getting all the pre xmas stuff on the cheap, played AC3, FC3,  lego LOTR, still got darksiders 2 to play, will pick up dead space 3, metal gear and crysis 3 at some point, okami just got released on PSN+, got loads to get through, havent got the CoD map packs yet cos of how much time id no doubt lose on them

then there will be remember me, the last of us, watch dogs, destiny, grid 2 so its a really strong finish

Yeah maybe a lack of 'quality' was the wrong word to use but there doesn't seem to be the blockbusters around last Christmas/New Year that there was the year before. The kind of game that creates a buzz outside the regular gaming community. GTA5 is the next big one I'm waiting for. 

Finished Dead Space yesterday and about 80% of the way through the less scary (aaahhh) but still very good Dead Space 2. Once I've got through this tonight, I will hopefully be able to start the 3rd installment, which I have not played at all yet. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Dark Souls isn't for everyone, no. It's not so much that it's difficult - the game is about patience more than anything - but it punishes failure harshly.

I walked away from it due to an area of the game a few hours in that is verging on broken technically, with an absolutely appalling framerate that served only to make the games little annoyances unbearable. I've got the PC version on Steam but never gotten round to trying again. 

I recommend sticking at it, and getting the Drake Sword. It makes the opening hours a little easier.

Playing Dishonored. It's so close to being good, but just... just isn't quite there. The difficulty isn't there (except those **** hagfish, most dangerous enemy in the game!), the AI isn't there, the combat isn't there, perhaps most disappointingly, the purported freedom isn't there. The areas aren't really that large and are almost entirely linear, there might be multiple ways to approach them but each of those ways is completely telegraphed. The only thing it nails is atmosphere, via the art direction, writing + voice acting and the "lore" (for instance, the Heart's secrets are my favorite part of the game), but even then, it never really capitalizes on the darkness and intensity promised. It's like a slow burner that never actually catches fire. I think the only way I'm going to get what I want out of it is to go for the "Ghost" playthrough on the highest difficulty with no powers (which completely trivialize everything, as cool as they are), but even then, I now know all the paths and AI mechanics, so I dunno. It had incredible promise. I'm pretty disappointed.

Finally picked up Dark Souls. I'm only 3 hours in, and I've never been so angry playing a game. This is not for me.

Patience is the name of the game. Well, not literally, but you know what I mean. You must wait for your opportunities, take time to understand how the mechanics work. Otherwise, you're gonna have a bad time. 

Â