What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

I thought someone else here was also playing days gone?

im about 75% through I think, had to take on a couple of hordes, same with most games once you unlock certain guns and equipment the majority of the game becomes easy, the horde is something different though, great genuine buzz from it, they've cleverly designed the layouts of the areas so that you can run round in a mad panic interacting with various bits

the game is a grind though, didn't have a fuel problem early on but definitely have a crafting item problem now (damn you kerosene) its kind of not very good but still enjoyable, must have put north of 30 hours in to it now, good time of year to release it with not a lot else taking my attention

• 3 weeks later...

I went on Steam intending to start playing Football Manager again but instead got distracted by "Papers Please"

I know I'm late to the party as usual but it's **** brilliant. So simple yet so good.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I went on Steam intending to start playing Football Manager again but instead got distracted by "Papers Please"

I know I'm late to the party as usual but it's **** brilliant. So simple yet so good.

Wonderful game.

I'm currently dipping in and out of these:

Fire Pro Wrestling World (PS4) - One of the best wrestling games I've ever played.

Civ 6 (Switch) - Excellent port.

Vampyr (PS4) - I was put off when it initially came out as the combat was supposed to be ridiculously tough. Then after reading a Story mode with easier combat had been added I decided to give it a go. Really good stuff so far.

Plus, still (slowly) getting through my second play through's of Breath of the Wild on Switch, Far Cry 5 on PS4 and Shadow of War on PS4.

So yeah, not exactly short of something to play 😁

Edited by Designer1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

What's your Steam name brother?

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm listening...

It's worth reading a few of the reviews (it was pretty much unanimously praised on release) they go into the technical aspects better than I ever could.

In a nutshell:

• Old school type graphics (which work really well)
• Absolutely tonnes of customisation
• Lots of different game modes
• Deceptively deep gameplay

But the most important thing are the matches. They are initially a little bit tricky (it's no button masher) but when they click with you it's a joy.

One of the reviews that I read said something along the lines of that it's most accurate representation of the psychology and technical aspects of a wrestling match ever. 

It's on sale on the PS store at the moment.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It's worth reading a few of the reviews (it was pretty much unanimously praised on release) they go into the technical aspects better than I ever could.

In a nutshell:

• Old school type graphics (which work really well)
• Absolutely tonnes of customisation
• Lots of different game modes
• Deceptively deep gameplay

But the most important thing are the matches. They are initially a little bit tricky (it's no button masher) but when they click with you it's a joy.

One of the reviews that I read said something along the lines of that it's most accurate representation of the psychology and technical aspects of a wrestling match ever. 

It's on sale on the PS store at the moment.

Sold!

Although knowing me I'll buy it in about 5 years

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sold!

Although knowing me I'll buy it in about 5 years

Also worth pointing out that although it deals initially with mostly New Japan (including very nice deathmatch modes) it's very easy to download WWE/WCW/ECW wrestlers - it's done from within game too, so there's not much pissing about. I'm currently putting together an ECW fed. For someone who stopped watching the stuff in early 2000's, it really scratches that old school itch.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

For someone who stopped watching the stuff in early 2000's, it really scratches that old school itch.

I'm exactly the same. Sounds great

On 24/07/2019 at 16:05, Designer1 said:

Also worth pointing out that although it deals initially with mostly New Japan (including very nice deathmatch modes) it's very easy to download WWE/WCW/ECW wrestlers - it's done from within game too, so there's not much pissing about. I'm currently putting together an ECW fed. For someone who stopped watching the stuff in early 2000's, it really scratches that old school itch.

Plus it officially has KennnnnyyyyyyOOOOOOh Mmmmeyyyyyyygahhhhhh in it too plus Okada and others.

• Like 1

The only game I play, and it's been that way for some years, is FIFA16.

I used to play Counter Strike: Source. Clocked up around 3000 hours and played in Australia's 2nd highest division, had a shot at some money.

The better players back then raked in between $10-30k.

I remember logging into the standard De_Dust_2 server and clocking up 30 kills with no deaths at times.

All you need was a 3:1 KD (Kill/Death) ratio in order to be accused of hacking. So needless to say I got that a lot.

• Like 1

finished days gone

made a mess of the games best moment, the sawmill horde

Spoiler

there is a rikki bounty hunter mission at the nero site next to the saw mill, i **** that up and had a gunfight, drew them all out and they didn't go back in, meant that i had to do the horde as a mop up, run away get more ammo, no tactics available, couldn't get enough of them grouped together to make use of the napalm, was horrible, took about 45 mins and several attempts

solid enough game, couple of annoying trophies means I probably wont platinum it, the hordes until that one have been awesome, definitely worth £25 and 40 hours of your time but will be lost when the Q3 / Q4 titles launch

Â