What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

On 07/08/2019 at 08:09, A'Villan said:

The only game I play, and it's been that way for some years, is FIFA16.

I used to play Counter Strike: Source. Clocked up around 3000 hours and played in Australia's 2nd highest division, had a shot at some money.

The better players back then raked in between $10-30k.

I remember logging into the standard De_Dust_2 server and clocking up 30 kills with no deaths at times.

All you need was a 3:1 KD (Kill/Death) ratio in order to be accused of hacking. So needless to say I got that a lot.

Battlefield 2 was mine(PC) for hours.  2k hours on that.  I loved it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

started RE4 on game pass, already done 0, 1 and 2 this year, 2 is probably my GOTY and I have fond memories of 4, completed it on the GC and PS3...I really don't remember the controls being so bad! doesn't feel right, the right thumbstick jolting your view around sharply is a killer

Mostly No Man's Sky, Vampyr and Slime Rancher (nice relaxing fun that one).

I'd imagine the PS4 remake of Ni No Kuni will occupy most of my gaming time as of next month.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'd imagine the PS4 remake of Ni No Kuni will occupy most of my gaming time as of next month.

and mine

I will also start up gears 5 on game pass, play 10 minutes and still be of the opinion that the gears series is shit

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

started RE4 on game pass, already done 0, 1 and 2 this year, 2 is probably my GOTY and I have fond memories of 4, completed it on the GC and PS3...I really don't remember the controls being so bad! doesn't feel right, the right thumbstick jolting your view around sharply is a killer

The controls are the reason I've never got on with RE4. I know it's a seminal title, a classic that defined a genre for the coming decade... But it controls awfully. I've bought it about 4 times over the years with the intention of finally getting to enjoy it, and every time I make it about an hour in and remember that I **** hate how it controls.

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Mostly No Man's Sky, Vampyr and Slime Rancher (nice relaxing fun that one).

How is No Man's Sky? I remember the outrage when it came out, has it been updated in any way since then?

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i cant work out if its just aged really badly or if its was this shit from the off, I can remember the fanfare that the camera angle change got, going back to RE1 and 0 felt like riding a bike, this definitely doesnt

It's a bit of both. It hasn't aged well, but that's mostly because it was a bit of a compromise in the first place, trying to shift Resident Evil to a new and mostly unheard of style of gameplay whilst also keeping some of the classic RE feel. It's very idiosyncratic and if you don't get on with it, it's a **** nightmare to play imo.

14 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

How is No Man's Sky? I remember the outrage when it came out, has it been updated in any way since then?

Its had lots and lots of extra work and huge updates mate. It's practically unrecognisable to the mess that was launched.

Fair play to them for trying to correct the massive cluster **** of the early game but I suspect the damage has already been done for many people.

Shame really as its absolutely terrific now 😕

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Its had lots and lots of extra work and huge updates mate. It's practically unrecognisable to the mess that was launched.

Fair play to them for trying to correct the massive cluster **** of the early game but I suspect the damage has already been done for many people.

Thinking of diving back in as I had a pretty long game going after the previous major update, but having loaded it back up after this update and finding that the base (with it's gigantic hydroponics bay for some of that sweet, sweet Albumen Pearl farming) I spent 100+ hours building has disappeared along with all the tech it took ages to acquire for my ship, I've pretty much lost the will with it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Tempted to pick this up again now especially now it's fully VR as well. 

40 minutes ago, dubbs said:

It's anyone else struggling to get into games at the moment, i.e. maintaining an interest in a game longer than half an hour?  Don't tell me im getting too old for this🤣

I had that over the last month whilst playing Metro Exodus, finished it Friday. Put Witcher 3 back in on Saturday to finish off the game and haven't been able to put it down all weekend.

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

It's anyone else struggling to get into games at the moment, i.e. maintaining an interest in a game longer than half an hour?  Don't tell me im getting too old for this🤣

yep

since I finished days gone I think I've started 10+ games and given up on all of them before an hour

renewed my EA Access account yesterday so I could start madden, will probably trade days gone for assassins creed when im back in England at the end of the month, wanted FF8 but im not paying £16 for it, will try gears 5 tomorrow but I don't like the series so not expecting much, death stranding in November is my next big game, not being able to play FM on my works laptop anymore is putting a massive dent in to my gaming too

40 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I had that over the last month whilst playing Metro Exodus, finished it Friday. Put Witcher 3 back in on Saturday to finish off the game and haven't been able to put it down all weekend.

Sounds like you've found plenty to keep you occupied.   I've got quite a few unfinished games which I just can't be bothered to go back to at the moment - Witcher 3 is one of them. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

yep

since I finished days gone I think I've started 10+ games and given up on all of them before an hour

renewed my EA Access account yesterday so I could start madden, will probably trade days gone for assassins creed when im back in England at the end of the month, wanted FF8 but im not paying £16 for it, will try gears 5 tomorrow but I don't like the series so not expecting much, death stranding in November is my next big game, not being able to play FM on my works laptop anymore is putting a massive dent in to my gaming too

I've gone though the PS+ library trying to find something to interest me.  Most of the time it takes longer to download the game than I actually play it before deleting it again 😁

Â