What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

First few hours of Days Gone are pretty much what I expected. It's a cookie cutter sandbox with high production values. Nothing new but I'm enjoying it all the same.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

First few hours of Days Gone are pretty much what I expected. It's a cookie cutter sandbox with high production values. Nothing new but I'm enjoying it all the same.

Seems like the best thing to do if you bought physically rather than digitally is smash through it as quickly as possible and get rid of it for as much as you can. Wouldn't be surprised if it is below £25 everywhere by the end of may bank holiday

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

I literally had to fluke a couple of the tutorials in Mortal Kombat. I couldn't get the timings at all. My reactions used to be awesome.

I'm only 30 :(

Imagine how bad it'll be when you're 44 like me 👍👍😁

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

I literally had to fluke a couple of the tutorials in Mortal Kombat. I couldn't get the timings at all. My reactions used to be awesome.

I'm only 30 :(

Wait until you are 40 😭

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Seems like the best thing to do if you bought physically rather than digitally is smash through it as quickly as possible and get rid of it for as much as you can. Wouldn't be surprised if it is below £25 everywhere by the end of may bank holiday

that's pretty much my way of playing every game I buy :lol:

• Like 1

On 25/04/2019 at 23:29, Designer1 said:

Hmmmm. The more I play the more I think the majority of reviews have been a bit harsh.

This is a very good game.

Days Gone's issues seem to be that it's very... generic (it has the ubiquitous open world requirements and, well, it's a zombie game, the most played out of played genres) and it's not quite as polished as others in Sony's first party exclusive run of late - minor bugs, performance issues. 

I don't think anyone thinks it's an poor game really, it's just suffering from comparison to other Sony exclusives that are best of the generation stuff, whilst it's just fine. 

Good sale game it seems. I'd be interested if it wasn't a zombie game and had a bit less 'survival' esque stuff - I don't want to look after a motorcycle.

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'd be interested if it wasn't a zombie game and had a bit less 'survival' esque stuff - I don't want to look after a motorcycle.

Something else that's been exaggerated is the micro management of the bike. I've played for 4 or 5 hours and have had to find fuel once, and that took all of 5 minutes. There's plenty of scrap to repair the bike so that's never an issue either.

The biggest comparison I can think of is the Mad Max game which I loved.

8 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The biggest comparison I can think of is the Mad Max game which I loved.

Funnily enough I was going to say I get vibes of the Mad Max game off it, which I also enjoyed, just with expanded and additional open world gameplay mechanics put in.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Those playing days gone is it a yay or nay? Will be picking something up on Saturday and that's top of my list

Also thinking about 3 kingdoms total war, love the book 

I think Days Gone is superb tbh, and I'm so glad I ignored the average reviews. Enjoyed every minute of it so far and it's given me one of my favourite gaming moments for a good few years.

I will add though, that I'm a sucker for open world games so it's right up my street.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2019 at 10:54, Demitri_C said:

I'm playing steamworld dig. Such a simple game but it's bloody brilliant.  So addictive. 

I love that game, you've reminded me that I still need to pick up the sequel.

Steamworld Heist is a very good game as well, but completely different, it's a turn based strategy, a bit like a 2d XCom, but in the Steamworld aesthetic.

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I love that game, you've reminded me that I still need to pick up the sequel.

Steamworld Heist is a very good game as well, but completely different, it's a turn based strategy, a bit like a 2d XCom, but in the Steamworld aesthetic.

It's on offer mate number 2. Last day today grab it quick! Yeah not a fan of the heist one. Going tk give that one. Amiss

About 5 hours in to days gone, I can see where the reviews come from, it's a bit scattergun with too many ideas and maybe none of them are perfectly executed, the story is hard to get attached too and there is some of it that just isn't that good...but I'm enjoying it, it's got a lot of fun in there

not sure if it will grind, if there are 200 nests to clear out then I'm sure it will get a bit boring at some point, I'm looking forward to taking on hordes

Â