What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

12 hours ago, hogso said:

I had it when it first came out on PS3. If you're an enormous Ghostbusters 1 / 2 fan, there's the nostalgia factor, for which fan service dishes up loads of good stuff. Otherwise...the gameplay isn't great, and the plot, considering it was supposed to be a canon sequel, feels like a missed opportunity. 

I'm not really sure why it had a good rep, I was pretty surprised when I saw it was being remastered. Nothing more than a 5 or 6 out of ten for me. 

Yeah I think a 6 or a 7 so far. It reminds me a lot of the Quantum of Solace ps3 game to play and for some reason the die hard game on game cube. Very similar styles.

Also bought DQXI on switch, got quite a way through it on ps4 so both really looking forward to playing it again but not looking forward to getting as far as I did originally. Worse games to go through again I guess. It's such a fantastic game.

Edited by Ingram85

Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2.

It's free to play rubbish but it's very addictive. There's also just something cool about using these mechs you know from the models etc on an actual game.

• 3 weeks later...

After 4 years of playing sporadically last night I finally completed The Witcher!

Superb game, now to put it down for a while before going back to clear up the side missions.

Choices available to me now are Overwatch or Shadow of War.

Next month I'm going to pick up a PS4 and start with The Last of Us

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

After 4 years of playing sporadically last night I finally completed The Witcher!

Superb game, now to put it down for a while before going back to clear up the side missions.

Funnily enough I put the Witcher back on the other day after at least a year away. Finished it all a while ago but there's still countless side quests to complete, the game is just so good.

Finished Ni No Kuni for the third time the other day and that play through just cemented it's place in my top five games of all time. It's just absolutely sublime.

So because I need something new and meaty (kenneth.gif) I've just ordered The Outer Worlds on PS4 for tomorrow. As soon as it was mentioned to be a 'spiritual successor' to Fallout New Vegas it was basically this...

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Finished Ni No Kuni for the third time the other day and that play through just cemented it's place in my top five games of all time. It's just absolutely sublime.

So because I need something new and meaty (kenneth.gif) I've just ordered The Outer Worlds on PS4 for tomorrow. As soon as it was mentioned to be a 'spiritual successor' to Fallout New Vegas it was basically this...

spacer.png

It's supposed to be really really good but temper your expectations in terms of size of open world. Ather than one big map it's multiple smaller open world locations. From what I've read that's how they describe it anyway. Waiting to see the switch reviews first to get an idea of performance before getting it.

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

It's supposed to be really really good but temper your expectations in terms of size of open world. Ather than one big map it's multiple smaller open world locations. From what I've read that's how they describe it anyway. Waiting to see the switch reviews first to get an idea of performance before getting it.

Yes I picked up on that in the reviews. The overall size is big, but its cut down into distinctive areas with a slightly more linear narrative than usual open world RPGs. None of that puts me off to be honest because it looks so damned impressive and up my street.

Looking forward to putting a few hours into it over the weekend.

16 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yes I picked up on that in the reviews. The overall size is big, but its cut down into distinctive areas with a slightly more linear narrative than usual open world RPGs. None of that puts me off to be honest because it looks so damned impressive and up my street.

Looking forward to putting a few hours into it over the weekend.

Oh I didn't mean it as a negative at all, just I know a few people who didnt realise how the map is. I'm really looking forward to playing it. Enjoy it bud!

• Like 1

On 24/10/2019 at 08:54, wilko154 said:

As a long time player, I would avoid Overwatch at the moment. If you want to play as the "fun" class (DPS), there are 10 minute queue times to get into a game. It's basically become a bit bloated and was far better on release.

The Outer Worlds may be a good game to go for - I'm downloading it now. You may also like Kingdom Come Deliverance but check out gameplay videos first as the combat system is a bit marmite.

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Super Metroid. I envy the people who played this as kids in the 90's. What am experience.

me!!!

think I got it at a car boot and only spotted it / was interested in it because it came in an oversized box (cant remember why) it was like crack for me, really important game along with super Mario world, a link to the past and Jurassic park which I spent hours round my cousins house playing but it was only me that liked Metroid 

said before, I invested so many hours and loved them so much I struggle with a lot of the 3D Nintendo games, Metroid being the worst offender, prime did absolutely nothing for me

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

The Last of Us is an absolute masterpiece.

talk about it more when you finish

the storytelling is the best in any game ever made IMO, it has its flaws as a game but the rest is that good it trumps everything else

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

me!!!

think I got it at a car boot and only spotted it / was interested in it because it came in an oversized box (cant remember why) it was like crack for me, really important game along with super Mario world, a link to the past and Jurassic park which I spent hours round my cousins house playing but it was only me that liked Metroid 

said before, I invested so many hours and loved them so much I struggle with a lot of the 3D Nintendo games, Metroid being the worst offender, prime did absolutely nothing for me

Prime was overwhelming for me the first time. But now that I've really gone through Super Metroid, I've got a new appreciation for it and I can't wait to start it up again. I have the Wii trilogy with the Wiimote aiming too which is so immersive.

Â