coda

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

Great to see The Special one swirm and throw his players under the bus during his post match press conference last night. It's clear he's lost the dressing room and he's completely out of ideas. Not so special now.

So he should, the players are nothing short of a **** disgrace.

I would sack every one of them before sacking Mourinho.

How can a group go from Champions to relegation fodder, it comes from within. Desire.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

How can a group go from Champions to relegation fodder, it comes from within. Desire.

Yep, they just don't have the desire to play for a manager who's a self involved, egomainiac, arsehole. I'd suggest it's an understandable position. Mourinho's man management is like his football tactics, the same plan all the time. No plan b, no backing down, no ideas. He's only interested in himself.

Edited by villa89

the players just look poor. Terry, Ivanovic and Fabregas look finished at this level maybe Cahill as well all 4 have lost any pace they had since last season. Hazard and Costa have seriously gone off the boil as well plus players like Ramires and Mikel starting is also indicator how far have fallen

they had a poor transfer window as well and think selling Cech was a bad move psychologically

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

the players just look poor. Terry, Ivanovic and Fabregas look finished at this level maybe Cahill as well all 4 have lost any pace they had since last season. Hazard and Costa have seriously gone off the boil as well plus players like Ramires and Mikel starting is also indicator how far have fallen

they had a poor transfer window as well and think selling Cech was a bad move psychologically

This is what I don't get. Terry is legitimately old for a footballer, his performances were always going to fall off a cliff at some point and it's a miracle it's taken this long IMO. You can make the same case for Ivanovic. But Fabregas? I know he's been a first-teamer since he was 16, so he's got a lot of miles on the clock, but he was in and out of the team at Barcelona, it's not like he's gone as far as Rooney for example. And he genuinely looks like he's trying to be hopeless, like he's involved in a one-man go-slow. It's very weird. 

• Like 2

Yeah, no excuses for Fabregas, Hazard and Costa. Hazard always struck me as aloof, so maybe now that things are going badly, he can't really be bothered. Never struck me as a real team guy.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The Physio stuff upset the players big time

I'd doubt any of them gave a toss, except the one of them that was banging her*. The physio thing, the blaming refs were all classic distraction tactics by Mourinho to try to paper over the terrible performances by his team and buy himself time to sort it out. He knows he can't sort it out now and he has nothing he can hide behind.  

*alledgedly.

I do think there is something inherently short-term about Mourinho's management style. This is the third time there has been a third-season collapse under him. I just don't think the players can keep up the intensity he requires over a long period. If you look at most other championship winning teams, they look OK for most of the season, but really hit their stride when it matters i.e. ramp up the intensity in short bursts (giggity). Mourinho seems to want intensity from day one and for it to never let up. They were fortunate that they were so far ahead last season that their poor form toward the end didn't matter much. They've continued that form but lost the winning mentality.

1 hour ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I do think there is something inherently short-term about Mourinho's management style. This is the third time there has been a third-season collapse under him. I just don't think the players can keep up the intensity he requires over a long period. If you look at most other championship winning teams, they look OK for most of the season, but really hit their stride when it matters i.e. ramp up the intensity in short bursts (giggity). Mourinho seems to want intensity from day one and for it to never let up. They were fortunate that they were so far ahead last season that their poor form toward the end didn't matter much. They've continued that form but lost the winning mentality.

Yep, he also can't bring through young players or do proper squad rotation. He just keeps the same team and flogs the players to death until they just can't keep it up. The only way to have mourinho as a manager for the long term is to give him 4 or 5 new ready made players every summer.

Edited by villa89

2 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I'd agree with that. Each club is the same Yr 1 improvement, Yr 2 win the league, Yr 3 it all falls apart.

It is interesting to note that Chelsea deliberately started pre season much later this season. Giving their players a longer break to recover, it was a conscious decision to be undercooked at the start of the season but then come on strong towards the end. It seems to have back fired massively. As we know all too well when confidence drops as a result of a few poor results it can be a very difficult thing to turn around.

It also works both ways not only does your confidence drop and its harder for you to play at your max the other teams confidence rises because they think your their for the taking.

I know it wont happen but if they did get relegated along with us it would be a lovely spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down.

Edited by villaglint

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is what I don't get. Terry is legitimately old for a footballer, his performances were always going to fall off a cliff at some point and it's a miracle it's taken this long IMO. You can make the same case for Ivanovic. But Fabregas? I know he's been a first-teamer since he was 16, so he's got a lot of miles on the clock, but he was in and out of the team at Barcelona, it's not like he's gone as far as Rooney for example. And he genuinely looks like he's trying to be hopeless, like he's involved in a one-man go-slow. It's very weird. 

If the rumours are to be believed he is not quite the model professional he would have you believe,,,

There is clearly more to this than meets the eye, a group of top players do not go down hill that fast.

Timing wise it seems to be linked to the physio situation. Was something going on before with her that led to JM being incredibly hard on her for that incident? Was it the incident itself that led to her having to leave and the players and other staff all got angry about it? Maybe she was sleeping with someone she shouldn't have been. Who know's but for me, it all fell to pieces about that time and I guess at some point she'll spill the beans.

The other thing is John Terry, he has run Chelsea as we have known for the last decade. If he has fallen out with JM then he could be pulling the strings behind the scenes here to mastermind their demise. Nothing would surprise me with that guy.

• Like 1

Â