coda

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Has Mourinho ever got average players to perform though? He has always managed one of best 2 teams in his league

Porto winning the Champions League and Europa League was pretty good going to be fair

On 17/12/2015 at 22:02, maqroll said:

An England World Cup campaign might be very tempting for him.

Why wait until Woy leads us to another sorry group stage exit at the Euros as he did in the last WC or until he decides to retire at 70+ VillaChris? Get him in now on a 3-year contract. It has to be a better option than old Woy or the likes of Southgate, Rodgers or Neville and I agree he might be tempted now before other offers are made which they will be. 

10 hours ago, John said:

Why wait until Woy leads us to another sorry group stage exit at the Euros as he did in the last WC or until he decides to retire at 70+ VillaChris? Get him in now on a 3-year contract. It has to be a better option than old Woy or the likes of Southgate, Rodgers or Neville and I agree he might be tempted now before other offers are made which they will be. 

In sure England are above sacking their manager who has just strolled the qualification just because a more fashionable manager is jobless. 

22 hours ago, KHV said:

Porto winning the Champions League and Europa League was pretty good going to be fair

was impressive but that Porto team had Deco, Carvalho, Maniche, Costinha and Baia. Was actually a really good team

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

was impressive but that Porto team had Deco, Carvalho, Maniche, Costinha and Baia. Was actually a really good team

I still don't think people expected them to do a Europa and CL back to back

Chelsea's win doesn't expose Mourinho as a fraud at all. If anything I'd argue the opposite, as did many pundits, that it showed the players simply weren't playing for him and got him the sack. Then again it was against one of the worst sides in the league so not sure how much can be read into it.

Â