coda

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bobby Charlton vetoed Mourinho taking over from Fergie because of that, cant see he has done anything to change opinions

I think Mourinho is desperate for the Utd job and would be willing to change his attitude.  Utd are probably less picky now and would welcome him, even if Sir Bobby didn't.  

Still, it's always good to see him getting the boot, even if his behaviour has suggested that this is exactly what he has wanted since the summer.

6 minutes ago, gharperr said:

compensation figures being talked about is crazy

beeb are saying he's only being paid up until the end of the season, so the rest of his ~12m. That makes much more sense to me as there is no way an organization like Chelsea would award a 4 yr contract of that magnitude without performance and get-out clauses.

• Like 1

Just now, villakram said:

beeb are saying he's only being paid up until the end of the season, so the rest of his ~12m. That makes much more sense to me as there is no way an organization like Chelsea would award a 4 yr contract of that magnitude without performance and get-out clauses.

Gabriel-Agbonlahor-celeb-West-Brom-v-Ast

• Like 3

Just now, Zatman said:

Gabriel-Agbonlahor-celeb-West-Brom-v-Ast

"like Chelsea" professional, well run, some small amount of intelligence present, and then there's Villa... I was well happy for the last few mins after reading this news too, well played sir! 

43 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Foolish by Chelsea, however, this is another proof Jose just can't stay somewhere long term because of how abrasive he is. Eventually he'll run out of top clubs to manage. 

How was it foolish? Persistent poor results, with no signs of improvement.

8 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

How long before someone honestly suggests we make a move for him?

wasnt it after Houllier left and we were linked with Ancelotti and Benitez and some people didnt think they be a good fit :D 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Obviously given their league form this was a real possibility, but I thought they would wait until they'd gone out of the champions league. 

Daft question, but just wondering which you guys consider is more likely-Chelsea being relegated or Leicester winning the league?

I think Chelsea being relegated, just.

Can't decide between the two. Both are highly unlikely.

44 minutes ago, villakram said:

Actually what happens (AFAIK) the club just keep paying the manager his wages every week. Then if/when he gets another job he has to agree to have his contract cancelled and the remainder of his contract is null and void. That's why usually managers just agree to a lesser payoff that's not for the full amount they are owed but they are free to work when and where they want.

Edited by villa89

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Actually what happens (AFAIK) the club just keep paying the manager his wages every week. Then if/when he gets another job he has to agree to have his contract cancelled and the remainder of his contract is null and void. That's why usually managers just agree to a lesser payoff that's not for the full amount they are owed but they are free to work when and where they want.

they said Chelsea normally do that by putting managers on gardening leave but they didnt do that with Mourinho and just sacked him

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they said Chelsea normally do that by putting managers on gardening leave but they didnt do that with Mourinho and just sacked him

I'd say José was delighted to just a accept a pay-off with a minimum of fuss given how badly his reputation was suffering each week he was there. It's a shame, I was enjoying seeing him fail.

I thought part of jose's contract negotiations was the removal of the gardening leave clause, it was sack him and pay the lot (£40m rumoured)

How long before someone honestly suggests we make a move for him?

wasnt it after Houllier left and we were linked with Ancelotti and Benitez and some people didnt think they be a good fit [emoji3] 

There's a bit of a misunderstanding about Rafa that Liverpool fans get offended by (shocker)

When he was linked there was a fair few saying he's not as good as they make him out to be and seeing as a decent percentage of them consider him to be a tier 1 manager and once again he's showing himself not to be I think that's fair enough, then there was the press stories that Rafa would only sign if he got a £30m transfer kitty which drew out a response of if that's the case then he's not up to the job in front of him

it kind of got skewed to us saying he's not good enough for us but from what I can remember that wasn't the case

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought part of jose's contract negotiations was the removal of the gardening leave clause, it was sack him and pay the lot (£40m rumoured)

it might make sense why he was begging to be sacked nearly every week 

Â