coda

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see the back of the idiot, hopefully he never gets another gig in England. 

The only downside is that the horrible rich kids from Chelsea will now start resembling a football team again. 

I do wonder which elite teams will pick him up. There's talk of him going back to Real Madrid but that's only if Perez stays as president, surely Zidane will be given that job very soon?

Barca no chance.

Inter Milan, no chance now Mancini's back and doing well.

Juventus....Maybe.

Man. City-Arsenal, nope.

PSG- Maybe but I think managing in the French league would be too boring for him and in any case PSG are making a serious pitch for Ronaldo and him and Mourinho didn't get on so that wouldn't entice Ronnie. And David Luiz who is a very marketable player for them, he'd be off like a shot aswell.

Man. United- I've always thought he'd be an ideal fit there tbh, Cut from the same cloth as Fergie in the likeability stakes and I'm sure after the last few years their fans wouldn't quite be turning up their noses at his style of football. Dosen't bring through the youth though.

Probably too early for him to take the Portugal national job. I do think his next club will be slightly below what he's managed in terms of expectations and finance so interested to see how he gets on.

It seems odd to say this 4 months after signing a new 4 year deal but Abramovich gave him every chance, we know what he's like at sacking managers when they lose two in a row.

Chelsea's form is incredibly dire, lost more than half their games, 1 point off bottom 3 in the middle of December and to me it didn't look it was going to turn for them anytime soon.

Just reading McNumpty on the BBC, the one I hadn't considered is..........England.

They flop at the Euros or even Woy just decides to retire and I have the feeling the timing would be right this time. He very nearly took it in 2007 it's worth remembering. 

• Like 1

Man. United- I've always thought he'd be an ideal fit there tbh, Cut from the same cloth as Fergie in the likeability stakes and I'm sure after the last few years their fans wouldn't quite be turning up their noses at his style of football. Dosen't bring through the youth though.

Im sorry but he is very more despicable than Fergie. Fergie never poked his rival assistant manager in the eye, call his rival a voyeur and a specialty in failure or ruin a referee career or accuse his physio of not knowing their job

He is like the Joey Barton of management

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just reading McNumpty on the BBC, the one I hadn't considered is..........England.

They flop at the Euros or even Woy just decides to retire and I have the feeling the timing would be right this time. He very nearly took it in 2007 it's worth remembering. 

An England World Cup campaign might be very tempting for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

PSG- Maybe but I think managing in the French league would be too boring for him and in any case PSG are making a serious pitch for Ronaldo and him and Mourinho didn't get on so that wouldn't entice Ronnie. 

I actually thought they got on ok, he helped take ronaldo to a high season. Thought it was just the rest of Madrid that hated him.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Im sorry but he is very more despicable than Fergie. Fergie never poked his rival assistant manager in the eye, call his rival a voyeur and a specialty in failure or ruin a referee career or accuse his physio of not knowing their job

He is like the Joey Barton of management

No I agree, I got round to like Fergie in the end as he developed into that cuddly old grandad raging at everyone but they're still of the same ilk, siege mentality, getting average players to over perform.

O.K if he's to manage again in Premier league the only place I can see him turning up is Man. United if Van Gaal dosen't destroy them first as a credible force.

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has Mourinho ever got average players to perform though? He has always managed one of best 2 teams in his league

Some of the Inter Milan team perhaps? People like Snedjer and Milito didn't reach such heights before or since. They certainly weren't the best team in europe the year they won CL, neither were Porto of course.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

United fans will never accept him!

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Hasn't he always said he wants the Portugal gig at some point?

He has, but as his final job at the end of his career. Could be now, I'm sure he doesn't need to keep going for the money.

Maybe he could do the job from London where his family are settled and he always referred to as home.

Edited by Genie

Â