coda

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

TalkSport is a stream of Chelsea fans crying.

Fantastic.

Andy Jacobs at 1pm is always a cracking listen when they've had a terrible result. He'll be saying they'll be non league within five years don't worry!

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Andy Jacobs at 1pm is always a cracking listen when they've had a terrible result. He'll be saying they'll be non league within five years don't worry!

Ironically, the last guy said the Boehly will relegate and bankrupt them within 18 months 😅

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Ironically, the last guy said the Boehly will relegate and bankrupt them within 18 months 😅

With modern football they are simply too big to get relegated. We only got there because Lerner just asset stripped us for 3-4 years and even then we clung on because of finding a forward of Benteke's calibre. Same for Newcastle under Mike Ashley.

If Chelsea get a decent CF in they'll be back in the top 6 next season even if their other options aren't that good. Apparently they'll go all out for Oshimen as Drogba is his idol so he likes Chelsea more compared to other teams.

Edited by VillaChris

Pochettino seems to be getting an incredibly easy ride from "the media" for how Chelsea are performing (unless I've missed something?).

Ten Hag seems to be constantly under pressure, Hodgson is under pressure even some vague mentions of whether Howe should stay on or not... Pochettino?  Nothing.  Chelsea are 11th having spent £1bn.  How is there not more noise?  I don't buy the conspiracies over "big six" or anything (after all; Ten Hag) - maybe it's because he's seen as a great manager and has only been in situ this season?  It's odd, though.

On FFP, this is where the 8-year long contracts could hurt them.  Would be hilarious if they do.  They've booked costs so far in advance that they can't shift the newer players on for much profit at all.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Pochettino seems to be getting an incredibly easy ride from "the media" for how Chelsea are performing (unless I've missed something?).

Agreed, but to be fair, the issues with the club aren't necessarily manager related. I think people, the media included are starting to realise that. 

Any club could recruit 15-20 young mercenary type players, on long, very secure contracts and even Unai would struggle to get a tune out of them.

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

Agreed, but to be fair, the issues with the club aren't necessarily manager related. I think people, the media included are starting to realise that. 

Any club could recruit 15-20 young mercenary type players, on long, very secure contracts and even Unai would struggle to get a tune out of them.

Yes i think that's the reason. No-one is going to get this squad playing much better. They need time to gel, they need to get rid of possible bad apples, they need to bring in round pegs for round holes, players who fit into the team.

Articles doing the rounds saying that Chelsea want to sack Poch but can’t because it’ll cost £10m and they are already over the FFP limit if they don’t sell players by June. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

With modern football they are simply too big to get relegated. We only got there because Lerner just asset stripped us for 3-4 years and even then we clung on because of finding a forward of Benteke's calibre. Same for Newcastle under Mike Ashley.

If Chelsea get a decent CF in they'll be back in the top 6 next season even if their other options aren't that good. Apparently they'll go all out for Oshimen as Drogba is his idol so he likes Chelsea more compared to other teams.

Top 6! I can't see it unless they spend lots more money and if they don't get into Europe the ffp will start to bite. They need to sell to comply already so their going to weaken. Will Poch even stay?

For them to get top 6 who going to drop off? Can't see it being us, Spurs or Newcastle. You can then add Manure, Brighton, Wolves 😆 and West Ham to those in the queue. Chelsea are fucXed.

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

Top 6! I can't see it unless they spend lots more money and if they don't get into Europe the ffp will start to bite. They need to sell to comply already so their going to weaken. Will Poch even stay?

For them to get top 6 who going to drop off? Can't see it being us, Spurs or Newcastle. You can then add Manure, Brighton, Wolves 😆 and West Ham to those in the queue. Chelsea are fucXed.

I mean they're only 2 points behind Newcastle now and 7 points behind top 6. I don't think the gap is quite as big as people imagine it to be.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I mean they're only 2 points behind Newcastle now and 7 points behind top 6. I don't think the gap is quite as big as people imagine it to be.

Newcastle have had a bad season , for me,  they are a far better team than Chelsea. Where's this sudden surge coming from they are going to weaken their squad not strengthen.

Edited by tinker

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

Newcastle have had a bad season , for me,  they are a far better team than Chelsea. Where's this sudden surge coming from they are going to weaken their squad not strengthen.

If anything last season was the outlier for Newcastle, rather than this one. They just didn't lose games and it wasn't sustainable. I think they are better than 9th, but they aren't a CL team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinker said:

A liverpool without Klopp and Salah risks going back to where they were when Klopp took over which was 7th/8th.

We'll likely drop places if we're playing CL just like Newcastle have.

Chelsea type of team that only needs to get 2-3 of their big signings right and they'll fly back up the league. The problem is they can't currently.

Who thought a Spurs in 8th and selling Kane would be serious top 4 contender so quickly but they've made it look relatively straightforward.

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

A liverpool without Klopp and Salah risks going back to where they were when Klopp took over which was 7th/8th.

Chelsea type of team that only needs to get 2-3 of their big signings right and they'll fly back up the league. The problem is they can't currently.

Who thought a Spurs in 8th and selling Kane would be serious top 4 contender so quickly but they've made it look relatively straightforward.

We will see whos right next season.

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

Ten Hag seems to be constantly under pressure, Hodgson is under pressure even some vague mentions of whether Howe should stay on or not... Pochettino?  Nothing.  Chelsea are 11th having spent £1bn.  How is there not more noise?  I don't buy the conspiracies over "big six" or anything (after all; Ten Hag) - maybe it's because he's seen as a great manager and has only been in situ this season?  It's odd, though.

On FFP, this is where the 8-year long contracts could hurt them.  Would be hilarious if they do.  They've booked costs so far in advance that they can't shift the newer players on for much profit at all.

There's been quite a lot of chat about his job being in danger today tbh. 

10 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Yep totally agree. Still think they will finish top 8 and fully expect them to be a different beast next season. Will certainly be a top 6 threat as one thing we know, is that the sky 6 never miss out for long.

They just generate far too much money to be shit for more than a season or 2.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Like their poor run earlier in season I can easily see Spurs going on a run of like 1 point in 4-5 games

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Why would 6 additional games (anything extra is a bonus) necessarily mean that we will drop places?

Newcastle dropped places because they had crazy injuries, poorer squad, manager that is not as good. 

It's such a self fulfilling prophecy. It would be very optimistic to assume we will do this well next year - and that is just because we are in a touching distance of top of the league 23 games in. 

But just because we have to travel to Spain or Italy 3 times in 3 months does not mean we will necessarily drop places. 

Â