coda

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Mudryk is more of a winger and that fofana is never in the squad, they brought him for next season 

You did say forwards, and they are both forwards… and extremely expensive ones at that. 

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They’ve pulled the trigger because of the CL. The league is basically over for them, but they still have the CL. Didn’t they do that before?

Sack Villas Boas > Hire Di Matteo and win CL
Sack Lampard > Hire Tuchel and win CL
Sack Potter > Hire ????

Steven Gerrard - Born Winner!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Why would you go chelsea over spurs though?

Chelsea will win things. Spurs won't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Why would you go chelsea over spurs though?

Why would you go to Spurs over Chelsea?

Chelsea have far more money to throw around, and have a pedigree of winning things. 

Spurs are a bad summer away from being "that club Harry Kane used to play for".

• Like 3

I'm not surprised by this decision, but I don't think it's the right one.

From the perspective of the fans, I suppose it makes sense they would be happy, they've been keen for him to get the sack for a while and his football really does seem to often end up with little to no end product, at least for long runs of games. 

However, if you take the broader view, this may be a 'logical' decision that creates bigger problems down the line. Firstly, I've seen a number of people in the thread talking about how they're now going to get a manager more 'deserving of their station' as it were, but this may be a little complicated. Truly elite managers are probably not going to be enthused by Chelsea's hodge-podge of players, and may want a substantial transfer budget to bring in better ones. But Chelsea may be somewhat cornered by their 'cheat-code' solution of paying huge fees and spreading them over absurdly long contracts. While there are some players who will move on over the summer (from Azpilicueta to Ziyech), it will only create a few spaces and the squad is already stuffed beyond bursting. The newer players are likely to prove impossible to shift at anything other than very heavy FFP losses, and limits on the number of overage players being loaned out are coming in. Therefore, a canny manager might look at the situation and think that whatever they're told about the transfer pot, they may have to mostly make do with what's there, which isn't all that great. 

Even if they do get an 'elite' manager, this situation will still cause problems. If they go for players who are good enough for top 4 right now, that will cost lots of money, and if they go for shorter contracts that will also start having a rapid impact on their balance sheet. 

Chelsea are not a commercial juggernaut like Man Utd; they don't even have a massive ground. They have basically sustained themselves on easy money from Abramovic and sales of academy players. Times are going to get a lot harder, and now a new man is going to have to come in and work out how to get a coherent team out of an incoherent squad, *and* keep the financial show on the road. My prediction is this sacking will lead to short-term uptick in form but a longer-term worsening of an already degrading situation. 

• Like 2

Potter wasn’t a good fit but the new manager won’t have it easy either.

I trust Boehly to quickly make another choice based on something he read on Twitter last week, and sounded good at the time. Absolute moron.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

Â