coda

Very sad and seemed a great guy. He played a big part in Italy Euro 2021 win with his presence

I seem to remember a Chelsea/Villa game on tv when he was player manager and he got into a scuffle and was about to get sent off but he took himself off before the ref could find him 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/01/2023 at 19:00, Xela said:

7 and a half year contract :D 

It seems that this is some sort of way to get around FFP now, with the value of the player and the accounting spread over a long period so that it doesn't come into a single window as a hit. I'd guess there are release clause points in the contract and renegotiation points so that the player is compensated for the potential loss of the benefits of having a short period left on his contract.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I actually think Potter will get it right if he is given time.

I don't

Firstly cos I think with the new owner the heads have gone, they'd already gone with roman, tuchel lost his job because performances dropped with the off field distractions, now they have different distractions and the players won't perform at 100%

Secondly I don't know what get it right is for Chelsea... They won't challenge city in the league, they can win cups, Liverpool drop off means you can argue they should be 2nd or 3rd (definitley not 10th or whatever they are...) but I don't really see them as more than just a solid top 4 team personally and they shouldn't expect more, whether or not that will ever be enough I'm not sure

• Like 1

You need to be box office to manage the top 4, unfortunately Potter ain't, he won't last.

You also won't get anywhere signing average players like Cucurella, who has done nothing since going there for £55 million. Bet Brighton couldn't believe there luck, in reality he's worth probably half that.

• Like 1

Non-box office managers never last at the big clubs like City, United, Chelsea etc

It’s not right but it’s how it is. If they don’t have a record of success at the top level to fall back on then they won’t last.

Â