Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously Man City are irrelevant.

If it's between QPR and us and QPR beat Stoke by a big margin(not inconceivable) and we ship loads of goals in last two matches QPR can lose to Man City and we could be in trouble.

Just pllaying Devil's Advocate...

Sadly, the discussion over how close we came will still be relevant even when we're mathematically safe. So it's probably best to stay on topic rather than request that perfectly valid threads be locked. You could always just stay away from the thread if it offends you.

Just pllaying Devil's Advocate...

A devil's advocate that requires a 9 goal swing across 4 games doesn't worry me at all :)

Haha we are as good as safe. We will not get relegated.

Famous last words, I bet the blosers were saying that with two games left.

Can anyone dig out the details of the last two games, points and positions of the relegation threatened teams last season? I know blose were outsiders for it but they weren't out at 20-1 with two games to go, were they?

I wish I was as confident as most of you on here.

Me too, I'm still panicking. Looking at the table supplied by Coda, sha were three points clear with two games to go as well, albeit with only a slightly better goal difference to those below. I think it is far to early to declare we are safe.

The key game is QPR vs Stoke. As long as QPR don't win by a lot we should be safe.

This assumes we lose both remaining games as well.

No it's not.

The key game is their away game to Man City, if they don't get a result there they will finish below us and if City still need to win that to win the league or to have a chance of winning the league then with all due respect to the power of motivation I just cannot see QPR even coming close to stopping them, the fact is that it's far more likely to be a 4, 5 or 6 goal defeat than it is for them to nick a point or better (from their perspective).

Of course, if they lose to Stoke this weekend then it's game over anyway for them........fingers crossed.