Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Sorry if this post has already been done but what do you think would happen to our club if we did go down? Obviously it would be a blow but would it be the end of the world? Many clubs in the top flight and have gone down in the past and are back among the top teams. Newcastle, and Man City being the obvious two (albeit in special circumstances for the latter).

I just think its something we should all start thinking about because it really could happen this year.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah , you are right it could - as we are 9 points off it.

Then again, we are also 9 points off Arsenal who are attempting to get in the Champions League and if we win on Wednesday, which we really should do, we will go 8th.

But dont let positivity get in your way of a good dose of moaning.

Yeah , you are right it could - as we are 9 points off it.

Then again, we are also 9 points off Arsenal who are attempting to get in the Champions League and if we win on Wednesday, which we really should do, we will go 8th.

But dont let positivity get in your way of a good dose of moaning.

Could you point out in the opening post where I have moaned please?

Are we not allowed to talk about what could happen?

We are not too good to go down. The point to the thread actually had a positive side to it saying it maybe would not be the end of the world. At least we'd have a manager with a record out taking teams up ;)

I think a lot of consequence of being relegated depends on player contracts. For example, if we go down, Darren Bent has a release clause of £10mil.

IF we went down and kept our best players (Gabby, Given, Bent, Ireland, Albrighton, Petrov), I think we'd ruin the Championship and come straight back up.

Sorry Amo, not specifically aimed at you, just the general atmosphere on here.

It cant be a coincidence we have won 4 out of 6 away, and that includes today which for 83 mins was a very good performance.

At home - thats a different matter - the players look scared stiff to make a mistake because the crowd will be on their backs.

Take last week, Clark was done like a kipper by Frimpong for the goal, but the away fans sang their hearts out, kept with the team and look what happened.

If that happened at home, their would be booing, slagging off etc......

I am no McLeish lover, dont get me wrong. I said and will maintain I will NEVER sing his name. But at the moment it seems to me the fans are killing this club, not McLeish - they are willing him, and therefore, the players to fail.

We are as bad as Blackburn at the moment. And people, and I will name some - Brummybloke, Onlyone , youself to a certain extent, and others need to wake up and see it.

Holtelower I have always tried to remain positive about Villa but I haven't felt so demoralised as fan for years. I see your point about home performances and how we really should be getting behind the team. Its just I look at the fixture list and the improvements of the teams below us and I'm genuinely worried.

Sorry Amo, not specifically aimed at you, just the general atmosphere on here.

It cant be a coincidence we have won 4 out of 6 away, and that includes today which for 83 mins was a very good performance.

At home - thats a different matter - the players look scared stiff to make a mistake because the crowd will be on their backs.

Take last week, Clark was done like a kipper by Frimpong for the goal, but the away fans sang their hearts out, kept with the team and look what happened.

If that happened at home, their would be booing, slagging off etc......

I am no McLeish lover, dont get me wrong. I said and will maintain I will NEVER sing his name. But at the moment it seems to me the fans are killing this club, not McLeish - they are willing him, and therefore, the players to fail.

We are as bad as Blackburn at the moment. And people, and I will name some - Brummybloke, Onlyone , youself to a certain extent, and others need to wake up and see it.

The reason we are winning away and not at home is the same reason we did it under O'Neill.

smash & grab football ( which we play)v possesion football (which we should play imo)

we rely on the opposition doing all the work and we coming along and getting the result...you can get away with that playing the lesser sides, the better sides will swamp you with possession and force you in to errors.

Its nothing to do with fear from the fans.

until we change the style we will achieve nothing and have fits and starts of pleasure.

If we didn't play such boring dross hoofball at home then maybe the fans would not need to moan and they would have good cause to cheer.

To even suggest that the home fans are responsible for the poor results at VP is ridiculous in the extreme and something that I would expect to hear as a lame excuse from McLeish on AVTV.

Villa fans are no different to anyone else's fans and f they are constantly being served shit then they will complain about it.

more chance of finishing 8th than getting relegated.

more chance of getting into Europe than getting relegated.

I'd like us to get a decent team in the Europa league, rather than a team i've never heard of in the Ukraine or Serbia.

By no means am I happy overall with whats going on at Villa right now, but theres is no hope in hell we'll get relegated this year. 13th-8th is where I think we are destined. Our away form is good and surely our home form can only get better now, rather than worse.