Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Stoke are currently drawing with Everton (who themselves are in good form) so to secure a top half finish, they will have to beat QPR, so I think/hope they'll be well up for this game!

Ah yes, the coveted 'top half finish' and all the rewards that come with it. It's hard to say which team has more to play for really.

i dont get why people think stoke will be a win for qpr... yet reckon we'll get nothing from norwich

In a nutshell, QPR have won their last 4 at home and we have Alex McLeish managing us.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoke are currently drawing with Everton (who themselves are in good form) so to secure a top half finish, they will have to beat QPR, so I think/hope they'll be well up for this game!

Ah yes, the coveted 'top half finish' and all the rewards that come with it. It's hard to say which team has more to play for really.

i dont get why people think stoke will be a win for qpr... yet reckon we'll get nothing from norwich

In a nutshell, QPR have won their last 4 at home and we have Alex McLeish managing us.

in another nutshell: only man city have lost less games away from home than aston villa this season

we play norwich away

My only slight concern would be if QPR beat Stoke (which I think will happen) and Newcastle beat or draw at home with Manchester City (which could happen) and Manchester United beat Swansea at home (which will happen) then Manchester City may be so deflated if Manchester United are winning on the last day at Sunderland that they would roll over and allow a still motivated QPR to get a draw or win which if we got no more points (which may well happen) and Bolton get 4 points from their last 3 games (which could well happen) would see us lose our relegation battle on the last day against all odds as Small Heath did last season.

Man. City might aswell win the last game though, who knows what could happen if Man. United keep defending the way they are.

Are people telling me if Man. City are 2-0 up and hear Man. United are winning they'll suddenly just decide to let QPR stay up and score three own goals?

Also worth remembering Mark Hughes and Mancini don't like each other at all, just youtube their "hanshake" from last season. I think Mancini would quite enjoy relegating Hughes myself.

Are people telling me if Man. City are 2-0 up and hear Man. United are winning they'll suddenly just decide to let QPR stay up and score three own goals?

I don't think so VillaChris but how about if after 15 minutes word got through that Manchester United were 2-0 up and Manchester City were still level with QPR? Should that be the case I would see QPR as the more motivated team and the pressure being on us to get something at Norwich or to rely on Manchester City going for it in the expectation that Manchester United would let a 2 goal lead slip in those circumstances. But that would be the very worst case scenario.

QPR can stuff Stoke by seven goals for all I care, The Man City game is the clincher. As long as City win, then Stoke game is a non issue. Same with Bolton Spurs. If QPR lose against Stoke though, we're staying up, and they could beat City and it wouldn't save 'em.

Don't want that you wally, QPR woul pretty much catch up on us on goal difference. :shock:

Stoke are really poor away, lost 12 away games I think and they struggle against pace away from home. Taarabt is back for this and Cisse.

I suppose they could grind out a 0-0 or 1-1, can't see them winning and do think QPR will win.

OK OK... So I might have overstated my confidence by saying they could stuff 'em with 7. I take that back, but goal difference will only matter if they get something from ManC and personally, I don't see that happening. I am pretty confident we're staying up.

QPR can stuff Stoke by seven goals for all I care, The Man City game is the clincher. As long as City win, then Stoke game is a non issue. Same with Bolton Spurs. If QPR lose against Stoke though, we're staying up, and they could beat City and it wouldn't save 'em.

Don't want that you wally, QPR woul pretty much catch up on us on goal difference. :shock:

Stoke are really poor away, lost 12 away games I think and they struggle against pace away from home. Taarabt is back for this and Cisse.

I suppose they could grind out a 0-0 or 1-1, can't see them winning and do think QPR will win.

OK OK... So I might have overstated my confidence by saying they could stuff 'em with 7. I take that back, but goal difference will only matter if they get something from ManC and personally, I don't see that happening. I am pretty confident we're staying up.

This is wrong.

If hypothetically QPR beat Stoke 4-0 and we lost 4-0 to Spurs, then both us and QPR lost our last game 2-0 we would be equal on points and only 1 point ahead goal difference.

Very specific set of results but to say they need to get something out of Man C after beating Stoke and us losing last two is not the case.

Man Citehs home record

W17 D1 L0 F52 A10

QPR's away record

W3 D2 L13 F17 A38

Citeh have conceded 10 all season, that's right just 10.

They have not lost at home all season.

The are professionals and regardless of what is or isnt they will want to win there last home game.....and will.

Our Premier League fate lies in the hands of Man City. I really can't see us getting anymore points so as long as we don't let in a ridiculous amount of goals and Man City beat QPR then we'll stay up on goal difference. I'm still not too confident though as anything can happen in football but the point at West Brom and a few of the other results going for us has made me less worried. I hate it when we have to rely on other teams to get results though! I really can't wait for this shambles of a season to end.

If Man City do lose or draw to Newcastle, I think that will help our cause as well...it means Man City HAVE to win to have any chance of winning the title. If they took their foot off the gas and then Yanited give up a lead like they did against Everton, Man City would miss out. Luckily for us, whatever happens this weekend, whoever is in 2nd place will only be 3 points behind, so till has a chance of winning the title!

I'd still be happier if Stoke beat QPR though, I'd even be pleased if they draw! If we can somehow beat Spurs, it becomes irrelevant...

Our Premier League fate lies in the hands of Man City. I really can't see us getting anymore points so as long as we don't let in a ridiculous amount of goals and Man City beat QPR then we'll stay up on goal difference. I'm still not too confident though as anything can happen in football but the point at West Brom and a few of the other results going for us has made me less worried. I hate it when we have to rely on other teams to get results though! I really can't wait for this shambles of a season to end.

Agreed. Unless Lerner makes the change its out of our hands for the last two games. I cant see where a goal is coming from , let alone a point.

I remain deeply concerned. Our relegation rivals have all shown spirit in recent games. We have not.

I hope in a few weeks this thread will be locked and I can look back and laugh at the idea of relegation. Its not funny now though, ut seems like a very real possibility.

If man city fail to beat Newcastle that means they must win vs QPR to hope united fail at Sunderland (this being if united beat Swansea).

If man city do beat Newcastle they will still have to beat QPR to win the title.

In other words, Manchester City must beat QPR. Why would they take any feet off the gas. Be real.