Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All over thank good.

Title race guarenteed to go to the last day now whatever happens next week so yet City will beat QPR without a shadow of a doubt as they will have their strongest 11 out which will has won 17 out of 18 home games this season.

Why are people banking on the Man City win has saved us from relegation? Every time us Villa fans end up with something 'nailed on' it usually falls through. Lets not get ahead of ourselves..

I gave everyone but us involved in the relegation fight maximum points (I gave B'burn the win in their game with Wigan, then I tried it the other way.). Bolton win all three games with high scores. Wigan loses against B'burn but wins their other game . We lose both our last two games heavily. The only exception I made to giving Bolton, B'burn, Wigan and QPR maximum points was QPR losing to Man C. In my scenario, they must lose (they can thrash Stoke 4-0 and we're still fine. The crucial element is ManC being rampant and demolishing QPR on the last day.. That is all it will take even if we get nothing.

We're not going down folks.

Well I've been conderned since November that we'd go down and as this year has gone on I've been more and more convinced. I have been resigned to us being relegated for 5 or 6 weeks now. So yes you could call me a pessimist. After last nights result though and the fact it means City will have something to play for at home to QPR I can no longer see us going down.

The only thing now that will save QPR or Blackburn is Bolton not getting another point. Wigan and Villa are now safe. However part of me thinks that if this masks the woeful season we've had in any way then this is not a good thing. I can see the summary after the dust settles. It was a season of transition we had a job to do and we did it. We just needed to survive in the prem and shed players to balance the wage up. Nothing else to report, we'll be OK next season now. That would be worse than going down and everyone at the club getting the wake up call they seem to require.

Cant see us relegated, cant see us getting another point, cant see AM being sacked, cant see us buying any decent players next season, cant see how we have managed to stay up! cant see a bright future, cant see me being there next season.

I can see us going down next year, can see a loads of propaganda bullshit coming from the club in the coming months.

Well I've been conderned since November that we'd go down and as this year has gone on I've been more and more convinced. I have been resigned to us being relegated for 5 or 6 weeks now. So yes you could call me a pessimist. After last nights result though and the fact it means City will have something to play for at home to QPR I can no longer see us going down.

The only thing now that will save QPR or Blackburn is Bolton not getting another point. Wigan and Villa are now safe. However part of me thinks that if this masks the woeful season we've had in any way then this is not a good thing. I can see the summary after the dust settles. It was a season of transition we had a job to do and we did it. We just needed to survive in the prem and shed players to balance the wage up. Nothing else to report, we'll be OK next season now. That would be worse than going down and everyone at the club getting the wake up call they seem to require.

If that was to happen and McLeish was to stay (can't see it happening personally tbf) but we would be dead cert relegation contenders. And, Randy would completely deserve it.

Players like Bent, Zog and Ireland would most likely be off to. Infact I could see Bent going to Arsenal, especially if RVP does leave.

Bent isn't nearly enough of a footballer for Wenger.

I feel slightly safer after last night. Football is odd, so I wouldn't be as foolhardy as to say we're 100% safe, and if results don't go for us next weekend it will still be a nervy last day of the season.

I hope last night's result will give more people the confidence to protest against McLeish at the match on Sunday though.

I can't see that happening tbh Tezzaleed.

It's not like last season where there was a huge panic, but there were about 7 points between relegation and top half and we end up finishing 10th. We're down there, we're quite a way off a respectable league finish and I don't think Randy will be happy with the performance of McLeish this season with the players he had available.

A month or two ago, there was a chance that a few wins could still have pushed us up the table and into the area where a win can be the difference between 15th and 11th, but not now. I think it's too late and I think McLeish knows that he'll be gone by June.