Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

???? Does that mean Albrighton will make the grade or not ?

For he looks way short of whats required.

Well in 1 1/2 seasons he's set up more goals and assists then a lot of Premier League players, this in a badly performing team. I guess we may as well right off half of the players in the league if that is the case.

Question.

Have Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Rodwell etc... all performed consistently in the Premier League? I think you will find the answer is no.

Gary Cahill, someone so highly rated by our fans when he left has had an awful start to the season in an awful team, yet he's earnt a big move to Chelsea.

Some people just don't have a clue when it comes to youngsters. Especially when they are as inexperienced as Marc, players don't consistently perform until they are 25/26 unless they are special such as Wilshere and Rooney, and I believe they are world class/touted world class players.

Im not sure how good he really is if im honest. I do agree he lacks and I think he is a bit lightweight.

His crossing seems to have gone poor this season, Im not sure if its a confidence thing due to McLeish not playing him properly and getting him to stay back when Hutton goes forward.

He was lucky to last 90 mins against Everton as he was dreadful. I would rather have Cuellar at right back and not attacking so Marc can stay forward

Well in 1 1/2 seasons he's set up more goals and assists then a lot of Premier League players, this in a badly performing team. I guess we may as well right off half of the players in the league if that is the case.

Question.

Have Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Rodwell etc... all performed consistently in the Premier League? I think you will find the answer is no.

Gary Cahill, someone so highly rated by our fans when he left has had an awful start to the season in an awful team, yet he's earnt a big move to Chelsea.

Some people just don't have a clue when it comes to youngsters. Especially when they are as inexperienced as Marc, players don't consistently perform until they are 25/26 unless they are special such as Wilshere and Rooney, and I believe they are world class/touted world class players.

OK - Name me player who failed to get regular first team football at villa by the age of 22 - but then went on to have a succesful career with us ?

Yet look at the players who have come through ranks early and been established @ 22

Brian Little

Gary Shaw

Gordon Cowans

Tony Daley

Gabby

Gareth Barry

I couldn't be sure - but those players you listed - I think most of those have full england\international caps !

I wasn't aware either that Albrighton has any great stats in the asists tables

I just don't think its an age thing with Albrighton - I just don't think hes good enough.

Question.

OK - Name me player who failed to get regular first team football at villa by the age of 22 - but then went on to have a succesful career with us ?

Yet look at the players who have come through ranks early and been established @ 22

Brian Little

Gary Shaw

Gordon Cowans

Tony Daley

Gabby

Gareth Barry

I couldn't be sure - but those players you listed - I think most of those have full england\international caps !

I wasn't aware either that Albrighton has any great stats in the asists tables

I just don't think its an age thing with Albrighton - I just don't think hes good enough.

Like I said football has changed a lot in the past five years, teams are far stronger and can't rely on youngsters as much.

Yes they have England caps, but they have played far more than Marc in bigger teams but my point is they are all inconsistent.

Marc is not good enough for what? A top six first teamer I'd agree right now but for a team in our position at the very least he's a good squad player.

Connor wickham, scott sinclair, phil jones, danny wellbeck, hernandes, jack rodwell, aaron ramsey, victor moses, kyle walker, gareth bale, david hoillett, chris smalling, henderson, ryan shotton, balotelli, theo walcott, david goodwillie, jack colback, daniel sturridge, sergio aguero, sammy ameobi......... just a mixture of players at the same stage in their career as MA if not younger. Makes you wonder what i am moaning about when you look at the average hard working players listed. They must be local lads just trying very very hard to play a bit part and learn their trade. Oh no most of them are already performing highly week in week out!!!!!

Taxi driver in the making aka stefan moore

Im sure im not the only person curious but what has he done to make you hate him. Take your girl, refuse you an autograph?[/quote

Read further up for my hating of him on a football level not personal. He aint tounch my wife or me or my children..... it is a purely sports based hatred. Difficult for uneducated people to understand how you can hate in many fasit rather than as a whole. I hate him as a footballer but i truelly love him as a man cos he is really hard working and determined and a real tryer and gives lots to charity!!! Woah what a man! Just saying what you are all scared to say!

Interestingly enough, I have read two articles written by Everton-fans after the game and they both stated Albrighton as our best player....

He was my best player of the day too.

But what do I know? For all I know, the cold could have gotten to me and frozen up my brain cells.

Difficult for uneducated people to understand how you can hate in many fasit rather than as a whole. I hate him as a footballer but i truelly love him as a man cos he is really hard working and determined and a real tryer

Splendid, just splendid!

Difficult for uneducated people to understand how you can hate in many fasit rather than as a whole. I hate him as a footballer but i truelly love him as a man cos he is really hard working and determined and a real tryer

Splendid, just splendid!

:lol:

Taxi driver in the making aka stefan moore

Im sure im not the only person curious but what has he done to make you hate him. Take your girl, refuse you an autograph?[/quote

Read further up for my hating of him on a football level not personal. He aint tounch my wife or me or my children..... it is a purely sports based hatred. Difficult for uneducated people to understand how you can hate in many fasit rather than as a whole. I hate him as a footballer but i truelly love him as a man cos he is really hard working and determined and a real tryer and gives lots to charity!!! Woah what a man! Just saying what you are all scared to say!

Blimey, you type and sound like a small heathen..... :shock:

Read further up for my hating of him on a football level not personal. He aint tounch my wife or me or my children..... it is a purely sports based hatred.

Hmmm. On page 1 you said
Yeah i did cos i still hate him. He is takibg the place of a proper footballer. The only reason he plays is cos he is local and loves the club. So do i can my fst arse play then? No and neither should big nose play.
Since your hatred for him is, supposedly, purely about football, can you explain exactly how his alleged "big nose" impacts on his ability?

IMO I think he just is not good enough and I'm yet to see all this ‘hype’ he gets....this can be said for most of our youth players.

I also think he wouldn’t get half as much hype if he wasn’t wearing a claret and blue shirt. Yes he lives in the area yes he supported the club as a boy yes he gives 100% all the time but its time to take the claret and blue glassless off and realise you wont win games based on just that.

It is a shame because I, having coached the youth team years ago would love to see players coming through and being part of a successful team and successful themselves. BUT like it was when I was a coach you have to think with head not your heart and say that deep down some players are not as good as you think they are or want them to be.

Â