Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Who knows, I think it's probably a case of playing to his strengths but we seem incapable.

Personally I think he can be the future of our goal scoring efforts.

He was constantly moaning at the slow football and the lack of one touch returns and who can blame him.

He wants to play football but certain players don't have the same thought process as he does....Ireland does.

A different player from the quick wingers in the league but one with the ability get in there and provide real quality.

He spent the first half with no real width to play with and in the second half was able to play some football and put some balls in.

I feel sorry for him, he is a natural crosser with a poacher in front of him but we don't play the crossing game.

No surprises that a cross caused the goal, and maybe it's time we bit the bullet, dropped Petrov and played a midfielder that can pass a ball forward and support in the final third.

What planet are people on ? Really ? To say that Albrighton has only had one bad game, what games have you been watching ?

I agree with the first post, he is a very average footballer. He started off his career here great, but has done what a lot of our youth players do and head in the opposite direction. He has been poor this year, and i can't think of a good game he has had, or are people thinking of Bristol as he scored ?

Don't get me wrong, he has alot of potential, but rarely wants the ball, runs in the opposite direction of the ball and gets completley lost in every game he plays in.

Think when we play him it's a waste of a player on the pitch. Couldn't care if he trys hard or loves villa, by all means he does. But he needs to get a lot more involved in games, make some better runs and look like he wants the ball. Rather than running away with his sleeves over his hands every game.

Hope he does prove me wrong, but on this seasons performances i can't see him staying in the top flight much longer.

What planet are people on ? Really ? To say that Albrighton has only had one bad game, what games have you been watching ?

I agree with the first post, he is a very average footballer. He started off his career here great, but has done what a lot of our youth players do and head in the opposite direction. He has been poor this year, and i can't think of a good game he has had, or are people thinking of Bristol as he scored ?

Don't get me wrong, he has alot of potential, but rarely wants the ball, runs in the opposite direction of the ball and gets completley lost in every game he plays in.

Think when we play him it's a waste of a player on the pitch. Couldn't care if he trys hard or loves villa, by all means he does. But he needs to get a lot more involved in games, make some better runs and look like he wants the ball. Rather than running away with his sleeves over his hands every game.

Hope he does prove me wrong, but on this seasons performances i can't see him staying in the top flight much longer.

I'm not sure you've been watching him properly, he always wants the ball and always wants it back for a flick on or a run.

He gets lost because he has no support and whenever he gets forward the midfield watch him instead of giving him an option/drawing a defender away.

Just watch a supporting Hutton stand on the ball and have a look up instead of already knowing Albrighton is ready to receive it.

He isn't a player that beats people with immense trickery or strength but his crossing is brilliant and effective from many parts of the pitch but we never use it.

Plus the boy can take a ball down and thinks ahead; its a rare quality in a Villa player.

If anything he looks despondent not lost/a waste because the players around him play crap slow football.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/profile.statistics.html/marc-albrighton?tableView=PLAYER_STATS&clubId=&playedAt=BOTH&timelineView=CUMMULATIVELY&toSeason=2011-2012

Good stats site for those interested. By the way 164 crosses and 9 assists? An assist every 18 crosses. seems how MA has played 49 games that means on average he makes 3 crosses a game. So on average every 6 games he sets up a goal. Woah! Is that good? I thought it was very bad but so many people keep saying how amazing MA is? I must not understand this game, i thought wingers helped score goals.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/profile.statistics.html/marc-albrighton?tableView=PLAYER_STATS&clubId=&playedAt=BOTH&timelineView=CUMMULATIVELY&toSeason=2011-2012

Good stats site for those interested. By the way 164 crosses and 9 assists? An assist every 18 crosses. seems how MA has played 49 games that means on average he makes 3 crosses a game. So on average every 6 games he sets up a goal. Woah! Is that good? I thought it was very bad but so many people keep saying how amazing MA is? I must not understand this game, i thought wingers helped score goals.

It would help if we ever had some players in the box, unfortunately our tactics prevent that. Keep your agenda/hatred for Marc up though, you're not fooling anyone.

Oh and while you're at it go and pick up the stats for:-

N'Zogbia

Downing

Young

If you are so keen to prove a point. I think you'll find they're not much more successful, or even worse.

Oh and while I'm here on your link I went back a season and based the stats just on that where we created far more chances and go more bodies in the box, even though we were as crap as we are now.

Marc made 92 crosses, set up 7 goals and scored 6 in his first season, I'll let you do the math.

And I thought you accused me of being selective with my 'stats'? Ha! What a hypocrite!

Before slagging off Marc Albrighton's crossing statistics, consider the facts from that very same website which show Stewart Downing, one of the players you said we were so dearly missing, has:

80 crosses and 50 shots on goal, but no assists.

Gareth Bale, the best winger in the league arguably, has 88 crosses with 8 assists, a better ratio than Marc's. He also has 7 goals after 104 shots, whereas Marc has 9 goals from 57 shots, a far better ratio than Bale.

Suddenly Albrighton isn't as shit as you're trying to make out eh.

I think you'll find the success of young downing and zoggy is better. Did you just guess they would be worse? 27 games means he makes double the crosses then. So at 6 crosses a game he sets up a goal every 3 games. Thats so much better i'm so glad you corrected me. Please sign him up long term before someone tries to buy him like swindon or oldhamor crewe!!!!

I think you'll find the success of young downing and zoggy is better. Did you just guess they would be worse? 27 games means he makes double the crosses then. So at 6 crosses a game he sets up a goal every 3 games. Thats so much better i'm so glad you corrected me. Please sign him up long term before someone tries to buy him like swindon or oldhamor crewe!!!!
It's not quite 1 in 3 if you include the mins he's played as sub. But 1 in 3 is excellent, Nani finished with most assists with a 1 in 3 ratio last season.

Would like bale or albrighton? Downing is playing in a poor side so his individual stats are poor.yiu may as well use young and say he is playing crap cos he is injured. Downing and young villa stats are better then MA. You are clutching at straws to justify MA being a good player. He is NOT!

Would like bale or albrighton? Downing is playing in a poor side so his individual stats are poor.yiu may as well use young and say he is playing crap cos he is injured. Downing and young villa stats are better then MA. You are clutching at straws to justify MA being a good player. He is NOT!

I'm clutching at straws? Coming from the person who just tried to justify Downing's stats by saying he is playing in a "poor" side :lol: You couldn't make it up! If Liverpool are a poor side then what kind of side is Marc having to play in?

I've laid out bare facts, compared with a different number of comparable players. More than you tried to do. Your deluded hatred for Marc is both baffling and vile. Give it a rest, will you?

Oh and while I'm here on your link I went back a season and based the stats just on that where we created far more chances and go more bodies in the box, even though we were as crap as we are now.

Marc made 92 crosses, set up 7 goals and scored 6 in his first season, I'll let you do the math.

And since then his stats get worse and worse. 13 crosses per assist. If you wanted to know.

And since then his stats get worse and worse. 13 crosses per assist. If you wanted to know.

Yes and how many assists does N'Zogbia have? Or Bannan? Even Gabby is struggling right now. As I mentioned the manager is the issue not getting players in the box but you ignored that.

I'm clutching at straws? Coming from the person who just tried to justify Downing's stats by saying he is playing in a "poor" side :lol: You couldn't make it up! If Liverpool are a poor side then what kind of side is Marc having to play in?

I've laid out bare facts, compared with a different number of comparable players. More than you tried to do. Your deluded hatred for Marc is both baffling and vile. Give it a rest, will you?

One player comparison. Is that you justification? Stuart downing is the whole basis of your arguement. What about the list of players i put who are more successful then MA and younger than him. Did you see their sta ts? How well they are playing? The success they produce each week. The premier league is full of quality ,young ,attacking players shame MA is not one of them!

Â