Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

It does sound a bit personal tbh.

Actually, I don't rate him either, but 'hate' the guy......well, thats taking it a bit far in anyones books. That would imply that he has no redeeming features whatsoever, which he does in all fairness; his work rate and obvious willingness to do or die for the colours being but two.

Unfortunately, for me, his general play maybe 'too' flawed at this stage of his development. I'd use him as a impact sub definitely because he does have the ability to unsettle defenders, but we paid big bucks for a goal machine who is'nt getting anywhere near the right sort of delivery from him. I prefer us to persevere with N'Zog, who will produce the goods sooner or later.

Good to see some pople have seen the light. When i judge a footballer it is only on his ability to perform his JOB not that he is wonderful and kind and caring and loving and blah blah blah i HATE him as a footballer not a person. I dont know the bloke how can i assess his personality? I pay to watch someone entertain me and play football for my club properly. I couldnt care if he shagged everyone i know as long as he scores goals for villa, sets up goals for vila and played football at a standard that i see is befitting a club like ours!

It is a shame so morons have to lower the discuss to insults to get a cheap laugh rather than assess the true difficulties are club is facing....... players that shouldnt be in our reserves are now regular 1st teamers just so we can balance the books!

I've never seen anything in him to suggest he is a Premiership player tbh ... he just cant beat a man and in a winger that is a major flaw ..i thought I read somewhere that he was better at crossing than Beckham .. certainly never seen that either

maybe with the right coaching he could improve ..sadly I don't think he is getting that at VP these days

You are clearly a prick. Well done to Marc for banging your missus

He probably nosed her too

Now get over it and acceot he's the better man

:lol::lol:

Yes he didn't have a great game today but I think he should be in the side.

The fact that he...

1) Creates chances, whether or not the delivery is inconsistent.

2) He scores goals.

3) He has setted up a lot of goals.

I say this all the time but last season was his first season in professional football, until then he had solely played reserve/youth level football. He started off brilliantly, and both Villa fans and neutrals were raving about him. He then hit a bad patch, which coincided with him being extremely fatigued due to it being his first year at this level. Yes Marc is young but the difference is pace is huge. Mark also seems to lack confidence, it took a while for him to get it back but when since he's finally come back into the side he's scored twice and set up the one goal which is is more than N'Zogbia and pretty much the same as Ireland and Gabby in the same period.

We have been spoilt with excellent wide players in the past few years, however all of them were extremely experienced compared to Marc when they came to play with us. People expect too much from youth players straight away, they are all extremely inconsistent, even the likes of Phil Jones are struggling recently. What is important is that you don't jump on their backs, they are the players who needs supporting more than anyone, especially in Marcs case who needs confidence and loves the club.

As mentioned there are certainly other players that need questioning and not the youngsters. They are pretty much the only promising thing about the club right now.

He is a decent player.

Inconsistent - yes- but does not deserve the stick or the venom of the original poster.

He's still inexperienced , bit naive and playing in a side with a poor manager and not the best of circumstances.

His crossing at times can be excellent or at times it can be poor.

Same goes for his decision making.

Decent player and needs our support not written off like the original poster has bizarrely done.

Every young player is inconsistent.

Ronaldo

Rooney

Both had very up and down performances early on. Ronaldo had half a season of being a diving moaning arsehole getting tackled doing silly step overs.

I guess people forget that.

The original poster says OTHER people have lowered the tone of this thread :lol: Christ, is that a joke?! How ironic. This thread is pathetic and how you can 'hate' Marc Albrighton is completely and utterly beyond me.

Perhaps you should crawl back to your own board? www.keeprighton.com

It's funny you mention how Bent would have played far better this season with players like Downing in the team. This season, so far, Marc has: Played 16 games, had 12 shots, scored twice and notched one assist. Downing, by contrast, has: Played 20 games, had 46 shots, scored none and notched no assists. You could also argue it would be easier to play better in a better team, as Liverpool quite clearly are. So the evidence doesn't really match your unjust, and nonsensical criticism, does it?

Marc clearly has his limitations, and he is still prone to making silly mistakes, particularly defensively. He needs to cut that out and I'm sure it's something he will work on. But attacking wise he is quite obviously one of our most dangerous threats, and is the best out-and-out winger we have at the club at present. He can whip in a fantastic delivery and also knows where the net is too. Out of all the players who could be lambasted at the moment, Marc Albrighton is one of the players least deserving of it. Anyone who can be the best player (by a mile) on the field in a game versus Manchester United is clearly a good player.

In fact, if all 11 of our players had the passion and work ethic of our two home grown Villa fan first teamers (Gabby & Marc) I have no doubt we would be higher up the table than at present.

If you don't rate him, that's your opinion. But to say you hate him, and the tone of your post is quite frankly one of the most pathetic things I've ever read on here. And then you have the absolute cheek to say other posters have 'lowered the discussion'. I think Hutton and Warnock are both awful players who should be playing Championship football, but I don't hate them. Just grow up or do one - Albrighton will be around for a long while yet.

I'd have a team of eleven Albrightons. The kid been one of the positives of supporting Villa these past twelve months or so and he'll get better and better and better. Of course, like all young players, he'll have his bad days - when that happens you show faith, encouragement and support.

The trouble with Mark atm is that he his ok at everything but isnt great at anything.

He is fast but not lightning.

He can cross well but not consistently.

He is skillfull but isn't a trickster.

He can dribble but isn't a wizard.

He has decent technique with hasnt got an outstanding touch.

He will improve of course but he's frustratingly inconsistent.

I think he is an awlful player and i'd be gobsmaked if he ever played regular football for a top half prem team.

If he hadn't come through the youth system he wouldn't get the love he does from a lot of fans.

Don't get your train of thought here at all.

He is far from an "awful player" , he's a decent player who is bit naive , still learning his game and is inconsistent but at times also can be very good.

Playing under these circumstances and under this incoherent manager doesn't help either.

But to say Albrighton is "awful" is just utterly stupid.

I think he is an awlful player and i'd be gobsmaked if he ever played regular football for a top half prem team.

If he hadn't come through the youth system he wouldn't get the love he does from a lot of fans.

:lol: wow that is over the top!

He might still be very raw and naive but I think he'll turn out to be a decent player. He's at least not an awful player. He also comes across to me as a willing learner and I think that will help him. He makes stupid mistakes sometimes but he'll learn.

Â