Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Nice boy but I don't think he's good enough.

IMO opinion he should be dropped after Sat.

I watched it on MOTD and he KNEW that player was behoind him, he turned and looked....the didn't bother to get goal side and started pleading with his hands after Everton scored. Why the **** didn't he earn hos £ and get goal side? He 150% knew the guy was there...lazy, couldn't be arsed, apathetic to it all...was and is my view of it.

As for his crosses Sat....the were teriibly slow in delivery, pace wise I'm talking, keeper could easily collect as they came across slowly without venom and at the perfect height for catching them. I think we probably would have won if Nzogbia had offered a threat rather than MA on Sat, he's got more tricks & ability in his tool kit.

To say you hate him is a quite a bit OTT in my opinion but I agree that he is overrated and vastly so in some quarters.

He does not have the minerals to be in the type of Villa side that should exist and he is indicative of our current troubles in my opinion.

The same as most clubs, we can't afford to keep a squad full of 'all that' players. Provided Marc and his agent don't demand continuous first team action or a big pay rise, there is plenty of scope for a player of Marc's ability, commitment and potential to remain in our squad. Whether Marc will develop in to a more consistent decent quality Premier League player, only time will tell. I'll be surprised if Marc turns out to be better than 'decent' but that doesn't mean he can't be a valuable member of our squad. His attitude will ensure he doesn't do a 'Moore'.

Inconsistent? Yes. But the young man clearly has talent when it comes to crossing. He made a big error against Everton so he needs to work on his defensive aspects. But, to his credit, he runs his socks off most games and is a Villa fan through and through. Compared to some players here at least Albrighton is fully committed to the club.

He's too slow, too weak and not good enough at dribbling to be a top winger. He is a midtable player at best.

Suits us at the moment but the reason we're crap is because we have to play people like albrighton.

He's good at crossing and finds himself in the right place at times to get a few goals. For me though he just hasn't got enough going for him and I think he'll have a very average.

I would hope in the next few years we will improve and no longer require the services of such an average player.

Have I missed something?? I thought he played quite well, specially in the first half - Looked our most likely player.

Not his biggest fan but been impressed with the goals hes added. Got a lot to learn, but there are other players in that team who are performing a lot lot worse.

Only at Villa would a section of supporters get on the back of a young, homegrown inexperienced player. How the hell can people really expect him to be up to Young/Downing standards yet ?

Give him a bloody chance to learn/grow into the role FFS. My Arsenal season ticket holding mate, would LOVE him. He tells me that every week after watching their fancy dan foreigners pass themselves into dead ends again and again.

As for the original poster. Call yer missus quick. I've just seen Marc pulling up on your drive again

Im not slating him or having a go at him. I just dont think he is anywhere near as good as some people make him out to be at the moment, especially last season when people were saying his crossing was as good as anyone in the league, and 'Beckham-esque'. He is a prospect and a bright one at that, so hopefully he will improve and fulfil his potential.

Im not slating him or having a go at him. I just dont think he is anywhere near as good as some people make him out to be at the moment, especially last season when people were saying his crossing was as good as anyone in the league, and 'Beckham-esque'. He is a prospect and a bright one at that, so hopefully he will improve and fulfil his potential.

never seen anyone make those type of claims, Albrighton is an excellent prospect who has done really well for us, and deservers every bit of support from the fans.

But he's the new Gabby, i.e. everyone lines up to criticise him and say what a brainless footballer he is who can only run fast, and then Gabby comes good and he's everyone's NO1 now.

The negativity from fans is utterly staggering, Ash Young was only any good 1 match in 10, was average at crossing and was lousy at set pieces and yet people jism over his memory.

Albrighton scores and sets up goals, he has raw talent in abundance and still has much to learn, but by all means start threads like this which make you sound like you want to date him!

**** morons!

never seen anyone make those type of claims, Albrighton is an excellent prospect who has done really well for us, and deservers every bit of support from the fans.

But he's the new Gabby, i.e. everyone lines up to criticise him and say what a brainless footballer he is who can only run fast, and then Gabby comes good and he's everyone's NO1 now.

The negativity from fans is utterly staggering, Ash Young was only any good 1 match in 10, was average at crossing and was lousy at set pieces and yet people jism over his memory.

Albrighton scores and sets up goals, he has raw talent in abundance and still has much to learn, but by all means start threads like this which make you sound like you want to date him!

**** morons!

So am i a moron for saying that i dont think he is as good as some people on here make him out to be? So is everyone who has a different view to others a moron?

To call people morons just for having a point of view or not subscribing to the wholesale view on a player is pretty stupid mate.

I agree he is raw, and yes i agree that he has talent in abundance, but at the moment he hasnt fulfilled it. Im sure he will and im not stupid enough to not take into account the fact that it is only his 2nd full season, but at the moment i dont think he is all 'that', and certainly nowhere near as good as some people make him out to be.

And trust me, Albrighton's crossing was 100% referred to as 'as good as any in the league' and 100% the phrase 'Beckham-esque' was mentioned regarding his crossing ability.

**** morons!

So am i a moron for saying that i dont think he is as good as some people on here make him out to be? So is everyone who has a different view to others a moron?

To call people morons just for having a point of view or not subscribing to the wholesale view on a player is pretty stupid mate.

I agree he is raw, and yes i agree that he has talent in abundance, but at the moment he hasnt fulfilled it. Im sure he will and im not stupid enough to not take into account the fact that it is only his 2nd full season, but at the moment i dont think he is all 'that', and certainly nowhere near as good as some people make him out to be.

And trust me, Albrighton's crossing was 100% referred to as 'as good as any in the league' and 100% the phrase 'Beckham-esque' was mentioned regarding his crossing ability.

you're entilted to your opinion but at a time when all we have is negativity and bitching at the moment is a really necessry to slate a player who at the end of the day cares about Villa and all in all has been one of the better players over the last two years even if he isn't the finished article and unlikely to reach the heights some may have suggested he could.

Better than average with a chance of being pretty good, is that a fair summary.

and i wasnt cally you a moron specifically, just all those on the boards moaning and doom mongering, most Villa fans would go support another team if we were actually to become successful as they couldn't handle it!

Depends what 'that' is. Is he or will be be world class, no. Is he the new Beckham, no. Could he become another James Milner, I think so, similar style, similar qualities. On the subject of Milner, he was often called shit and over rated, I take these threads with a pinch of salt and trust my own judgement. I was right on Gabby, Milner and Young.

**** morons!

you're entilted to your opinion but at a time when all we have is negativity and bitching at the moment is a really necessry to slate a player who at the end of the day cares about Villa and all in all has been one of the better players over the last two years even if he isn't the finished article and unlikely to reach the heights some may have suggested he could.

Better than average with a chance of being pretty good, is that a fair summary.

and i wasnt cally you a moron specifically, just all those on the boards moaning and doom mongering, most Villa fans would go support another team if we were actually to become successful as they couldn't handle it!

Thats fair enough mate, and i agree that the all the moaning is 99% of the time uncalled, unfair and most of the time utter bullshit. But on the other hand mate, just because he's 'one of us' isnt a good enough reason to say he's the best thing since sliced bread when he's not.

Just to clarify, im not and never have slated him. I do rate him as a player and think he most definately could turn into another Milner, im just saying that at this moment in time, he is very slightly above average, but as you say he has the potential to be a very very good player.

It's such a shame John Robertson is no longer at the club, as im 100% sure Marc would be kicking on from last season and improving. I just think his progress has stalled slightly from last season.

I think he is a very good prospect. Interesting to read the match thread and see him being rated very poorly. The highlights on MOTD showed him to be our most creative player - but you obviously don't see all of the mistakes. Equally, a number of BlueScouse reports suggested that Albie was our main threat.

He is a young lad that is still developing BUT I can't help but thinking that McLeish and his sidekick, Grant, are not helping that development. When you look at Dyer and Sinclair for Swansea, they appear to be causing much more damage than Albie - who is just as experienced, certainly in the PL - and the Zog.

Â