Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

To be honest if we were a top six side Albrighton probably wouldn’t be in the side. The fact that we are the other end of the table, would suggest that he is more than good enough for us. He certainly isn’t the biggest of our problems, neither is he the cure.

this season when he gets picked, he is being strangled by the negative tactics.

yesterday being a classic example, every time the inept hutton decided he would go forwards to smash yet another crap pass straight out for a goal kick, alby was having to slot into the right back position.

what they **** it that all about? against everton who had 1 up front

there was NO over lapping and alby not once went at his player to beat him, again i strongly suspect he was toold not to do this and to just get the ball in from as deep as possible

yesterday was all about the ginger (lunge, he did everything he could to stop everton winning so he would not have the worst ever home run from a villa manager, he did it at the cost of points for the team , entertainment, the confidence of the players, its all about him.

so while alby was totally shit yesterday and he really was, i have my suspicions that 75% of that was down to being told he was only on paper a right midfielder for the game but in reality he was the second right back.

watch the game again and you will see what im on about, every time h could burst forwards he stops turns and passes it back, all his crosses bar possibly 1 o 2 were from deep and most were terrible deliveries, because alby at his best runs at defenders and then hits the ball on the run rather than trying to generate accuracy and power from a standing position.

let him play his position and he is a good player, not the worlds best but a talented player, play him as a second right back which no doubt will happen a few more times before randy has the guts to sack the GC, and you will see the crap side of alby, one where he is having to defend most of the time and tackle and try and jump for headers 50% of the time the ball comes near him.

Don't often agree with you brummybloke but Peter McParland said a similar thing after the game. Marc just isn't putting those crosses from deep anymore, why aren't the coaches saying anything and if they are why isn't he doing it?

To be honest if we were a top six side Albrighton probably wouldn’t be in the side. The fact that we are the other end of the table, would suggest that he is more than good enough for us. He certainly isn’t the biggest of our problems, neither is he the cure.
This with a little bit of what Big John said for me.

Is Albrighton all that? No

I have just read through the OP's other posts on this forum and it's pretty obvious he sets out to get a reaction from people, just lock the thread and ignore him, maybe someone could start another Albrighton thread sensibly which can trigger a couple of decent responses rather than people having to argue the toss with someone like him.

Tbf to him he gives 100% whenever hes on the pitch, but i just dont think he's good enough.

Bit like John Carew though really, fans loved him cause he was good for a bit but in the end wasnt all that.

Albrighton does have the odd good game but his last 2 have been against bolton and brighton, Speaks for itself really.

Also yesterday he was up againast baines.

Wonder why people pick only downings stats as a comparison? Take a whole seasonot just the stats that mstch your arguement. What about youngs stats i think they show a different picture? One assist in 16 r u really happy with this from someone who takes all corners , most freekicks and loads of crosses from the wings?

I wish i could be happy to pay a lot of money to hard work and effort. That is what blues fans use to be like under mcleish. His teams always worked hard and really tried. Would you want any of the blues players from last year? Eg gardner is hard working but not premuership quality.

AGAIN the question you should answer is ......... would you pay money to bring albrighton to this club? Honestly. He gets by on being local and a fantoo much.

He played his best game at bristol rovers. That is his level.

Nobody questions whether the lad gives his all or not. But because they don't see him as the next Messi does'nt mean they 'don't give a shit'. Thats just a bizarre statement....and offensive.

Its only a matter of opinion.....not a question of a persons 'character', or lack of one!! :?

Let's think of other players more deserving of vitriol, like umm, I don't know, Hutton & Warnock!

Both absolutely awful, beyond belief yesterday! Out of position, poor deliveries, giving the ball away and not tracking back, unlike Marc.

Marc put in decent crosses but when the team is told not to get too far forward so that they're always in position defensively (not that this seems to stop the oppo scoring) then no-one is going to get on the end of his cross. One corner yesterday was beautifully placed on the near post but no one went for it.

His work ethic and willingness to get back and help out gives far more than zoggy and gabby.

As for his level being at Bristol Rovers, what a joke. I applaud your hilarity.

Look how good he was when he played with a brilliant full back like Walker last season. Other top quality wingers have this vital support, and they can't beat the full back, centre back and defensive midfielder all at the same time like Marc has to try and do.

Judge him when the team is at least attacking with purpose and has decent players in the right position.

Queue ridiculous responses..

he is good and he should be in the team

he works hard, constantly on the move, taking on players and whipping crosses in, he might not be fast, but he gives his all, if only the rest of the team did

id say hes the best youth midfielder we have in the team at the moment, hes no milner or young (yet) but hes filling in there quite well, that shouldnt be taken away from him

Wonder why people pick only downings stats as a comparison? Take a whole seasonot just the stats that mstch your arguement. What about youngs stats i think they show a different picture? One assist in 16 r u really happy with this from someone who takes all corners , most freekicks and loads of crosses from the wings?

I wish i could be happy to pay a lot of money to hard work and effort. That is what blues fans use to be like under mcleish. His teams always worked hard and really tried. Would you want any of the blues players from last year? Eg gardner is hard working but not premuership quality.

AGAIN the question you should answer is ......... would you pay money to bring albrighton to this club? Honestly. He gets by on being local and a fantoo much.

He played his best game at bristol rovers. That is his level.

I picked Downing's stats because that is one of the players you said we were so badly missing this season - his stats so far show a different picture to the one you are painting. Ashley Young, just to appease you, has: Played 13 times, had 28 shots, scored twice, with 5 assists. His stats are the best out of all three assist-wise, but Marc has a much higher conversion level when it comes to the number of goals from shots taken. Considering Ashley is now playing amongst the best players in the PL, his stats are not overwhelmingly better than Albrighton's at all. Not bad for a player whose level, according to you, is League Two? :lol:

You clearly don't watch the Villa much if you think his best game was at Bristol Rovers, what rubbish. His best game was Bolton away and his best game last season was United at home - so going by your deluded logic that must mean Manchester United is his level, yes?

I'm not sure what Marc Albrighton has personally done to you, but it has clouded all logical, reasoning judgement and made you just look like a hateful man with a personal grudge.

The pointless question you keep repeating is so off topic it may as well be on another forum. Why does it matter whether we would 'buy' him from another club? It is irrelevant and should be treated as such. He's come up through the academy, and is currently the best winger we have at the club.

I can just picture your face when Marc scores a goal or gets an assist - it probably keeps you up at night. As someone else said, hatred is such an ugly emotion.

currently the best winger we have at the club.

And that is about the end of the argument as far as I'm concerned.

We know we've no money to spend, we know we can no longer attract the likes of Milner, Young or Downing.

As it stands Albrighton is the best winger we have at the club, the best crosser of a ball we have at the club and the player with the possible exception of Ireland most likely to allow Bent to score goals.

He isn't a top class player, he isn't as good as the players we've sold but he is talented and given the opportunity to improve and work on his game he could become a very decent player.

As it stands at the moment I don't see we have a great deal of choice but to play him and hope he develops. We need him in the side which says as much about us as a club these days as it does about him as a player.

I also think albrighton is a very very poor player but certainly don't hate him,

Frankly he is full of running but completely brain dead which is the type of player I dont rate. The people who say he will get better and better are misguided. There has been nothing in his game over the last year to suggest he is getting any better technically.

He constantly hugs the line but never looks to get in behind the full back (only did against rovers and scored but very poor opposition) why he feels he should go at his man is beyond me, he lacks pace, has very few tricks and rarely beats his man, hence he does not play to his strenghts but the opposite in fact, then if he does the cross can go anywhere.

Granted he tracks back but does he actually give any coverage we saw his

brain fart yesterday. He is a ball watcher not a think, reminds me of Stuart ripley except a lot poorer as he never gives the midfielders got options.

And 90% of his tackles result in fouls as he is piss weak

I also think albrighton is a very very poor player but certainly don't hate him,

I would describe someone who is a very very poor player as someone who gets up on a sunday after twelve pints and plays for the pub team. Albrighton is a good premiership player for a team in the lower half of the table. He is no where near being a very very poor player.

Frankly he is full of running but completely brain dead which is the type of player I dont rate. The people who say he will get better and better are misguided. There has been nothing in his game over the last year to suggest he is getting any better technically.

He constantly hugs the line but never looks to get in behind the full back (only did against rovers and scored but very poor opposition) why he feels he should go at his man is beyond me, he lacks pace, has very few tricks and rarely beats his man, hence he does not play to his strenghts but the opposite in fact, then if he does the cross can go anywhere.

Granted he tracks back but does he actually give any coverage we saw his

brain fart yesterday. He is a ball watcher not a think, reminds me of Stuart ripley except a lot poorer as he never gives the midfielders got options.

And 90% of his tackles result in fouls as he is piss weak

When he first got into the team - he had a really good 10 or so games. But since then has been mostly dire.

This is typical of young players. They burst onto the scene with a flurry of great performances. But the key is can they maintain it ? - Like many before him, I fear the answer for MA is no. Yes you can harp back to his form early last season - but I fear the level of performance we saw yesterday - is more representative of his abilities

Â